Howzit

Bush Wacker

My friend Tim has the STP 1.. its a very very good bike! he has built jumps at his house and he back flips it! I will get pics! But for the money why dont you consider building your own bike in singlespeed!!?

You mean Tim Bently

saw two guys and one girl crack on that climb. they turned round and headed back to the gate. one of the boys was cryingCry

delgado? lips are sealed!Wink

ps. got a pm from faniefiets the other day. didn't realise where you worked. must hook up for a drinkie one day. i live a coupla kays away

My friend Tim has the STP 1.. its a very very good bike! he has built jumps at his house and he back flips it! I will get pics! But for the money why dont you consider building your own bike in singlespeed!!?

You mean Tim Bently

Yup, he is dam good.. I haven't seen him flip yet, but I have watched him race!

Holy nice meeting you today albeit briefly - Like that MTB you got' date=' we will get together for a decent ride through the Sugar Bush soon after the race for victory.[/quote']

oh and another story i like to tell about that bike! my ex-wife covets it. she wants to know how she didn't get it in the divorce settlementLOLfunny thing is, when i left you guys i actually rode past her near the top of the first climb from my side. 

Feel free to pop by for a drink anytime.

I think I met one of those guys that was crying after we finished he was complaining to me that he had riden from Heidleburg and didn't relize how tough the ride was.

I quote" I ride 25 kilos from Heidelburg then I get to that big climb and the bike just goes from side to side I am going to *** in the 94.7" Very funny guy but definatly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

must be the same guy! had one large toof! think he actually rode from delmas (if you get my drift!). cool! thanks man, will pop in for a drinkie one day soon!

• 3 weeks later...

oh okay..

are there any downhill riders or dirt jumpers on the forum?

Howzit Bush Wacker

I've just joined up and am a dirt jumper/downhiller/freerider too. I'm from Zimbabwe, but am studying in Cape Town. I also ride a hardtail (singlespeed DMR Trailstar).

I've visited a friend who lives in Howick, and it looks like you guys have some awesome riding in that area. I can't wait to come back with my bike.

Here it is (I have since upgraded to hydraulic discs - what a difference!):

20071012_171420_Bike_1_Small.jpg

And these are some of my jumps from back home:

20071012_171818_Old_Nasty_1_Sma.jpg

20071012_172132_Last_Jump_1_Sma.jpg

20071012_172430_Drop_in_1_Small.jpg

20071012_173002_Big_Drop_1_Smal.jpg

It's great to see other riders doing DH on hardtails. I did the Action Cycling Urban Assault recently, and there weren't very many of us. Still, it was great to be able to beat some full sus guys and do jumps and lines that many of them weren't. So good luck, and enjoy yourself!