New Roadblock Protocols

Caerus

The same right you have in calling people "bribe taking retards".

A lot of them are "bribe taking retards" . Have you got your head in the sand?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you need a lawyer? Lay charges against the members with the police, no lawyer required, hell the state prosecutor will even seek monetary damages on your behalf if you request it. Supply the medical report.

You posted on a public forum how "metro members are nothing but bribe seeking retards" because you called "one" of them stupid and 3 of them arrested you, so somehow it means that "all" of them are "retards". Honestly dude, if what happened to you is above board then you got the rough end, but that sure as hell does not give you the right to indiscriminately label all of them the way you have, you should apologize publicly the same way you bravely lambasted them publicly.

Why do you need a lawyer? Lay charges against the members with the police, no lawyer required, hell the state prosecutor will even seek monetary damages on your behalf if you request it. Supply the medical report.

You posted on a public forum how "metro members are nothing but bribe seeking retards" because you called "one" of them stupid and 3 of them arrested you, so somehow it means that "all" of them are "retards". Honestly dude, if what happened to you is above board then you got the rough end, but that sure as hell does not give you the right to indiscriminately label all of them the way you have, you should apologize publicly the same way you bravely lambasted them publicly.

Who stuck a carrot up your high horses arse :unsure:. A lot of them are, lets not be stupid about this.

Edited by Caerus

A lot of them are "bribe taking retards" . Have you got your head in the sand?

Read my posts, I never claimed they were innocent neither did I say they weren't taking bribes. But is a small percentage of corrupt officials enough to label the whole lot as "bribe taking retards"? How is that ok? Although I personally have never come across it I do believe that it takes place, but if it does, do those concerned just happily pay the bribe and go on their way or do they report it?

As I said, SAPS are doing a good job at roadblocks preventing crime.

Metro have roadblocks to collect bribes.

I don't know where you live that they don't ask for bribes but it is not in my neighbourhood.

I used to have a number plate that was 20% smaller than regulation size, every single cop that stopped me tried to get money out of me. I got so sick of being solicited that I went out and bought a regulation size number plate.

The best thing about being asked for a bribe is that when you say no the cop has no choice but to let you go

Read my posts, I never claimed they were innocent neither did I say they weren't taking bribes. But is a small percentage of corrupt officials enough to label the whole lot as "bribe taking retards"? How is that ok? Although I personally have never come across it I do believe that it takes place, but if it does, do those concerned just happily pay the bribe and go on their way or do they report it?

I very, very much doubt that someone would offer a bribe to get out of an offense and then go report it, without some sort of evidence. Lets be real here, a large proportion are bent coppers, and will take the smallest of bribes even if no offense has taken place. Its not just metro cops that are corrupt. It starts right from the top. Im not getting involved in a long debate - Just my 2c :)

As I said, SAPS are doing a good job at roadblocks preventing crime.

Metro have roadblocks to collect bribes.

I don't know where you live that they don't ask for bribes but it is not in my neighbourhood.

I used to have a number plate that was 20% smaller than regulation size, every single cop that stopped me tried to get money out of me. I got so sick of being solicited that I went out and bought a regulation size number plate.

The best thing about being asked for a bribe is that when you say no the cop has no choice but to let you go

That's so weird, I went through a metro roadblock on Friday night last week, and not one asked for a bribe, guess it must just be in your neck of the woods then, where it's ok to call people 'stupid' fro doing their jobs? So your number plate is smaller than regulation size and after being hassled by the cops you went out and bought a regulatory sized number plate now mysteriously the hassling has stopped, wow the mystery of it lol

I very, very much doubt that someone would offer a bribe to get out of an offense and then go report it, without some sort of evidence. Lets be real here, a large proportion are bent coppers, and will take the smallest of bribes even if no offense has taken place. Its not just metro cops that are corrupt. It starts right from the top. Im not getting involved in a long debate - Just my 2c :)

You don't have to offer, if you are driving a car the cop will lean in through your window and say "It is hot today, I am thirsty"

You don't have to offer, if you are driving a car the cop will lean in through your window and say "It is hot today, I am thirsty"

So tell him you are to and ask him to share.

That's so weird, I went through a metro roadblock on Friday night last week, and not one asked for a bribe, guess it must just be in your neck of the woods then, where it's ok to call people 'stupid' fro doing their jobs? So your number plate is smaller than regulation size and after being hassled by the cops you went out and bought a regulatory sized number plate now mysteriously the hassling has stopped, wow the mystery of it lol

No, the hassling has not stopped. The Fourways area is full of cops and they always pull bikes over.But now with the regulation size numberplate I don't have to go through the song and dance of "It's hot today", I'm thirsty", "How can we sort this out", "Do you know the fine is R500.00"

It was fun playing that game the first few times but then it got boring

Edited by chris_w_65

Oh does that mean they want a bribe? Last time I heard that I pointed to the store across the road and told him they sold cooldrinks there.

Now I understand why he had a blank look on his face - thanks for clearing that up next time I'll know better.

Any other phrases I should know about whilst they are under discussion.

Is it just me? I wonder ..... I drive nearly 30 000k's a year and have only been stopped in a roadblock a few times. When I have been I have been asked courteously for my license which they checked and returned to me then told me to move on. Maybe I just don't look like a 'criminal' and 'too poor' to pay a bribe so they don't bother :unsure:

or maybe I'm just 'too law abiding' :lol:

Never been asked for a bribe or offered one ....

Oh does that mean they want a bribe? Last time I heard that I pointed to the store across the road and told him they sold cooldrinks there.

Now I understand why he had a blank look on his face - thanks for clearing that up next time I'll know better.

Any other phrases I should know about whilst they are under discussion.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Who stuck a carrot up your high horses arse :unsure:. A lot of them are, lets not be stupid about this.

Because I worked alongside them and count some really good friends amongst them, including a young lady who was shot in the line of duty and is facing a very distressing future. Most of them are trying to just do a job and keep everyone safe, if some takes bribes, well it happens, but don't paint them all with the same brush.

Is it just me? I wonder ..... I drive nearly 30 000k's a year and have only been stopped in a roadblock a few times. When I have been I have been asked courteously for my license which they checked and returned to me then told me to move on. Maybe I just don't look like a 'criminal' and 'too poor' to pay a bribe so they don't bother :unsure:

or maybe I'm just 'too law abiding' :lol:

Never been asked for a bribe or offered one ....

It is normally seatbelt, cell phone or number plate related. If you didn't do anything wrong they can't "legally" ask you for a bribe :D