Obie Wan doesn't change

ShortLegs

Powerade Dome2Dome Vet 35-39 Race Report by Robby Rodrigues. Mountain biker Rynard van Hoven showed the roadies a clean pair of heels by winning the Powerade Dome2Dome veterans 35-39 group on Sunday the 16th of September 2007 in Johannesburg.

An early breakaway containing 10 riders went clear after about 20km with team DCM well represented with 3 riders in the break as well as Dimension Data with 2 riders. Robby Rodrigues (City Cycling Club) from Cape Town also managed to slip into the break but was very tired from riding the 7 Day Selati Africycle Tour presented by Toyota and was eventually dropped by the group with about 40km to go. Team DCM sent Renato Albrecht up the road and he was accompanied by mountain biker Rynard van

Hoven. The 2 of them rode in front of the chasing bunch for most of the way with a slender gap hovering between 35-55 seconds. In the chasing bunch Renato Albrecht?s team mates Anton Oberholzer and Mark Spencer were getting a free ride. The chasing bunch looked like they were about to reel the 2 breakaway riders in until Charles Pritchard put the chasing bunch in the gutter getting rid of 3 riders including Robby Rodrigues ( the current SA Champ 35-39). Anton Oberholzer then rode across to the 2 riders in front making it 2 DCM riders up front but Anton had wasted too much effort in riding across the gap. Rynard van Hoven allowed Renato to ride off the front as they had been up the road for most of the race to take the win but he was chased down by his own team mate Anton Oberholzer. Taking advantage of this Rynard jumped on his wheel and put in an attack of his own and dropped Anton and passed a shattered Renato with about 500 meters to go to take a well deserved win.

ShortLegs2007-09-24 11:58:06