tubeless tyre help

AIRMAVRICK

So I pumped the bad boy up again, went for a cycle, could feel tyre was losing pressure, but I road it out... Did you know you can ride a tubeless as low as 1.5 bar on the back ( I was amazed)

Airmavrick - if you don't mind me asking - how heavy/light are you?

I simply cannot get my head around running the rear so low... When I'm Fighting Fit - I still tip the scales at 100kg, and there's simply no way I can bring myself to run that low... I'm permanently on 3bar at the back... and when I'm feeling 'reckless' :P - and drop it down to 2.5bar, I spend half my ride thinking about the rear wheel, convinced that every bump is going to bring a pinchflat... :rolleyes:

Im sitting at about 85 kg and it was only by mistake that my tyre ran that low...

It is a differnet style of riding, but you can feel a lot of grib, but you do pedal harder... Rolling speed isnt the best :unsure:

the best is turns and short steep hills. This tyre pressure combination was awesome on the teak course!

GIVE IT A GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran tubes in my bike the first time and ran tyre pressure as low as 2 bar... ended up doing a technical section at MTN park , went around a bend, tyre folded and my bicyce steering washed out!! 1 X buckled wheel.... :clap:

Just want to make one comment - if a tubeless tyre does not inflate WITHOUT sealant, it is not going to with it!!! (And I am refering to brand new tyres - not one's with punctures!)

And one last thing - did you know that when Sauser rode for Commendale/Vredestein in the Epic, his back tyre weighed 900g's????

My Crossmarks lasted me 2 years and just one puncture! Sometimes it is better to leave the nail/thorn in the tyre! Rode for 8 months with the mother of all thorns in my rear tyre!!!

RODTi

Ek weeg 100kg en ry met gemak 2bar en het al so laag as 1.2 bar gery maar 2 bar werk 100% vir my ry dan sonder om aan tyre te dink. 1.5bar dan kyk ek mooi waar ek ry lekker in die sand. probeer gerus.

I simply cannot get my head around running the rear so low... When I'm Fighting Fit - I still tip the scales at 100kg, and there's simply no way I can bring myself to run that low... I'm permanently on 3bar at the back... and when I'm feeling 'reckless' - and drop it down to 2.5bar, I spend half my ride thinking about the rear wheel, convinced that every bump is going to bring a pinchflat...