Attempted hijack

chris_w_65

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what's sad is that I've just warned a newbie about northern farms. the poor girl is just getting into the sport, now she's got this to deal, the reality of cycling in SA!

what's sad is that I've just warned a newbie about northern farms. the poor girl is just getting into the sport, now she's got this to deal, the reality of cycling in SA!

I rode at NF today with a friend. We did about 30 km between 12:30 and 14:30 and didn't see any of the security guys there. Last week we did the same and the security guys were all over.

Thats not cool. I was really hoping that all these issues had been sorted out.

Being a newbie to cycling, and female, as i said in my post above, this is a huge worry for me. I have been to NF about 4 times so far and am not yet fit enough to do more than 10km (im working on it), but now i am worried about going there for even 10km now! I usually go in the late afternoon around 3/4pm but after reading this i am totally put off. I just dont know what to do now. Where else can i go? Anyonw know?

Being a newbie to cycling, and female, as i said in my post above, this is a huge worry for me. I have been to NF about 4 times so far and am not yet fit enough to do more than 10km (im working on it), but now i am worried about going there for even 10km now! I usually go in the late afternoon around 3/4pm but after reading this i am totally put off. I just dont know what to do now. Where else can i go? Anyonw know?

Teak place - I haven't heard of a single incident there in the two years I've been going!

Teak place - I haven't heard of a single incident there in the two years I've been going!

Thank you GuyP, I will go check it out.

Dont be put off, just find a buddy :)

Thank you GuyP, I will go check it out.

Cool, have fun! Probably also best to join a club these days to cycle in groups, as much as solo cycling can be its own elixir!

There is Teak Place in the Cradle, Rietvlei Zoo farm in Alberton, MTN Bike Park in Bryanston, Groenkloof Reserve in Pretoria. Also consider the Tread ladies tea rides, if your schedule allows. They also host skills clinics where you can meet like minded individuals and from there possibly meet up for your own informal rides.

Personally, I think the only way to sort out the hijackings is to catch one or two of these sorry excuses for life forms and beat the cr@p out of them. Let them go with a very stern warning that the next one caught, will resultin the ultimate penalty being paid. Toss the jacker over a bridge into the path of a fast moving cargo truck and let that work it's magic. No balistics or any other trace evedence.

But I only want to do that after hanging him up in my garage for a couple of weeks. I plan to make sure it lives long enough to appreciate the flight down from the bridge.

PS: Is there security guards on week days??

I've seen them on weekends on the trails, but are they there on weekdays too?? :(

The farm is not open to MTB on during the week - but NF itself has security that patrols during the week.

Okay - so the NFRUG (Northern Farm Recreational User Group) has discussed this incident with RSS security and another Guard will be provided that will patrol the area between the dam and perimeter road.

If anyone has more information or a contact of who the incendent happened to please PM me so we can discuss it. RSS is working closely with NFRUG and the SAPS regarding all bike jackings not just the NF area and all information we can gather will be most helpful.

Please report any behaviour that is suspicious on NF to the numbers that can be found on http://www.northernfarm.co.za/ or http://www.northernfarm.co.za/docs/contact.pdf

Okay - so the NFRUG (Northern Farm Recreational User Group) has discussed this incident with RSS security and another Guard will be provided that will patrol the area between the dam and perimeter road.

If anyone has more information or a contact of who the incendent happened to please PM me so we can discuss it. RSS is working closely with NFRUG and the SAPS regarding all bike jackings not just the NF area and all information we can gather will be most helpful.

Please report any behaviour that is suspicious on NF to the numbers that can be found on http://www.northernfarm.co.za/ or http://www.northernfarm.co.za/docs/contact.pdf

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

it is so good to know that these things are (clearly) taken seriously :thumbup: