Buying bike from CRC?

T-girl

I know this has been discussed before; just want to know if anyone has purchased an entire bike from CRC recently?

Even with VAT and 40% duties a lot of the bikes will still be cheaper than if purchased here!

Also wondering about LBSs as surely they will be very upset if I take a bike to them and am like 'uuuh, please assemble this for me' ... :unsure:

I know this has been discussed before; just want to know if anyone has purchased an entire bike from CRC recently?

Even with VAT and 40% duties a lot of the bikes will still be cheaper than if purchased here!

Also wondering about LBSs as surely they will be very upset if I take a bike to them and am like 'uuuh, please assemble this for me' ... :unsure:

Take it Good2Go - They wont have a problem assembling it for at all - they are good too :D

LBS's often get asked to swop components from one frame to another, should not be a problem.

Depending on how busy they are, how fast you want the bike back and how much you've spent with the LBS, expect that the assembly of your bike will be on a commercial basis rather than a charitable one.

If bike stores don't examine and adjust their value propositions accordingly, they are doing themselves a disservice which will cost them more than a sale they didn't make. They should be happy to charge for their expertise, knowing that despite not making the massive sale, they still have a customer in the workshop.

I imported a bike from Taiwan, my LBS did the pre delivery checks and minor adjustments for mahala, they know I will be back for more and then they will make up for the couple of minutes they spent giving my bike a once over. Not all LBS are the same, build a relationship with one and you will benifit from it greatly.

Complete bike import is charged 15% duties. Remember that transport gets added to the cost of sales thus duties on transport too. Then 15,4% vat on everything.

How does this work, even with a code you got to pay duties and VAT?

Importers do not pay the same Impore duties as us.

I phoned UPS and spoke to Deloris De Abreu ( 011 922 9200 )at imports and gave me two choices.

:clap:

Edited by Ab 1

Not yet...may just stick to buying from my LBS...just in case something goes wrong with shipping etc!!? :huh:

Still not sure! :unsure:

Some of those Cubes on CRC are SO nice!!

Importers do not pay the same Impore duties as us.

I phoned UPS and spoke to Deloris De Abreu ( 011 922 9200 )at imports and gave me two choices.

:clap:

not true......

bikes pay 15% and then vat on the ATV value, so on bikes the vat is effectively 17.5% - and thats for anyone importing.....

not true......

bikes pay 15% and then vat on the ATV value, so on bikes the vat is effectively 17.5% - and thats for anyone importing.....

Don't bikes manufactured in the EU attract a lower duty of 3.75%? I think the major obstacle to us claiming this is all the documentation required to show country of origin. The importer may be in a better position to get this documentation and thus get the lower rate.