Buyers caution

Wernervdmerwe

Another vote for Paypal, register for free and money is paid into your PP account immediately. Then transfer it from PP account to your bank account and you it clears in about 3 days.

The buyer also needs to have a Paypal account though, but if they are serious then getting one is easy.

Another vote for Paypal, register for free and money is paid into your PP account immediately. Then transfer it from PP account to your bank account and you it clears in about 3 days.

The buyer also needs to have a Paypal account though, but if they are serious then getting one is easy.

I've been using PayPal since 2001, BUT in SA, you need to have a bank acc. with FNB in order to transfer funds.

I use www.payfast.co.za to receive payments.

BUT in SA, you need to have a bank acc. with FNB in order to transfer funds.

Have been using Paypal for two years and linked to my std bank account no problems.

Transfer from debit card or credit card to paypal account etc.

Carefull, I've a friend who had the internet transfer done, amount cleared. He released his stuff. Afterwards the money got taken out of his account. Seems the buyers have a contact at the bank who does the transfers.

Have been using Paypal for two years and linked to my std bank account no problems.

You can use any card account to make payments with Paypal. To receive payments you need an FNB account linked to your Paypal account.

Carefull, I've a friend who had the internet transfer done, amount cleared. He released his stuff. Afterwards the money got taken out of his account. Seems the buyers have a contact at the bank who does the transfers.

What happened after that? Cant you trace through the bank account numbers who the person was, and also who the dodgy bank clerk was?

Nah, no money was transferred, he just disappeared after I said I want to see money cleared first, or he decided against it - can't really say he was scamming

Easy,see if deposit was made.Phone the bank and ask if it is available or not.They will know.Then send the goods.If money not available,tell buyer it is not cleared and if he is genuine,he will understand,even better ,he will know.Then send the goods.under no circumstances do you part with the stuff untill the funds is available. :thumbup:

if it was internet/eft transfer,wait till the following day(update overnight).

Edited by shimano 105

What do you do if you paid for something and two weeks down the line it has still not been delivered. I am not in the mood to slander or diss, but I paid immediately and two weeks down the line NO FRAME :angry: :angry: :angry:

How do you receive international PayPal payments in your Standard Bank account? As I understand it this is only possible with an FNB account. Or are you using Xoom.com as an intermediary?

Edited by Luke.

What do you do if you paid for something and two weeks down the line it has still not been delivered. I am not in the mood to slander or diss, but I paid immediately and two weeks down the line NO FRAME :angry: :angry: :angry:

I take it you have PM the person a few times, if still no response, then maybe if there is someone here that can contact the police or something? :unsure: