Knee Pain - Car accident

Caerus

I took the missus car to the shop yesterday, Its a small Hyundai Atos - Way to small for me as my legs were severly bent, and the seat only goes back so far.

To cut a long story short, I straightend my leg to adjust my man bits, and when I was doing this had to brake suddenly resulting in a jolt to the leg, which has left me with a very sore knee when going up and down stairs - No pain otherwise.

What could I have possibly done? Ive got a race on Sunday :( Which Ive been training hard for. Now im stressing that I will not be able to do it

This happens to me alot. Apparently it is the "cushioning" between the knee that gets bruised or something like that. It takes a day or two, depending on how active you are while it is sore, to go away completely. If it is sore for more than two days I would have it checked out. You might also want to ice and voltaren it just in case. It can do no harm just make it beter alot quicker.

Good luck I hope it is nothing serious.

This happens to me alot. Apparently it is the "cushioning" between the knee that gets bruised or something like that. It takes a day or two, depending on how active you are while it is sore, to go away completely. If it is sore for more than two days I would have it checked out. You might also want to ice and voltaren it just in case. It can do no harm just make it beter alot quicker.

Good luck I hope it is nothing serious.

Cheers, not sure if heat or cold was the thing to be using - Damn having to miss training for 2 days :( I'll cry if it is something worse

Cheers, not sure if heat or cold was the thing to be using - Damn having to miss training for 2 days :( I'll cry if it is something worse

Muscles is heat and cold, joints is cold. As far as I can remeber from my previous injuries. But voltaren or similar is always a good thing.

Also two days of traing won't make a difference in the long run BUT training while injured will definately make a big difference. It makes for alot longer recovery.

Edited by Geelwortel

Ok, starting to worry now. Third day of pain, does seem to be getting any better :( Should I try train through the pain barrier or is that gonna make it worse - Where to from here? GP or should I be seeing someone else ( ie -Chiro, sports therapist)

Did you hear any sound when it happened. Tearing or poping sounds is normally not good. Did you hit it against anything? Do you have swelling or discoloring, of any sorts aroung the knee? Explain the pain, is it a very sharp stinging pain when moving? Does it only happen when going up and down stairs or when you are walking normally aswell?

Alot of questions I know but to give more advice I would need to know this.

Did you hear any sound when it happened. Tearing or poping sounds is normally not good. Did you hit it against anything? Do you have swelling or discoloring, of any sorts aroung the knee? Explain the pain, is it a very sharp stinging pain when moving? Does it only happen when going up and down stairs or when you are walking normally aswell?

Alot of questions I know but to give more advice I would need to know this.

Didnt knock it, no sound of tearing or popping that I heard, just a sharp shooting pain. Its not constantly their either, but when I do go up or down stairs its noticeable -Not all the time though. When I got out of bed this morning and went to stand up I got a sharp shearing pain that made me sit right back down, it seem to be more on the bottom of the kneecap - Occasionally when I walk normally it comes back. When I swing me leg back & forth no pain whatsoever.

Who should I see if I do need to see someone, its three days I also have not trained for :(

I would say through your answers that it is good news. If it was ligaments you would know about it for almost every move that your knee makes and if it was muscle you would have pain the whole time when putting weight on the leg or when you strain the muscle. I would say that you should treat this the same as what you would a sprained ankle. The amount of care depends on the pain that you have.

Try and do a lite workout and stop immediately if the pain gets worse. You would immediately know if the training is not a good idea, don't force it.

If you want to go and see a professional about this then I would suggest that you go and see a physio at first. Make sure that he/she treats sports injuries and not just recoveries, if you are not happy with their answers then go to a orthopedic surgeon for a checkup. They will charge you a arm and a leg but at least you then know that you have the best possible answer.

Edited by Geelwortel

Were you wearing a helmet at the time? No, serves you right! :w00t:

Jokes aside, reckon a trip to the physio should be in order if it's still that bad on day 3!

Were you wearing a helmet at the time? No, serves you right! :w00t:

Jokes aside, reckon a trip to the physio should be in order if it's still that bad on day 3!

Yeah, I was wearing my bike helmet while driving my wifes stupid little car . Those little cars are lethal :o

i hurt my knee doing breedt's neck a little while back. also no specific incident per se (as in fall or bump). i just realised about 2 hours after getting home tha ttrying to stand/walk/move-knee was darned sore on the lower and inner-leg part of the knee. it was about 10 times worse trying to use stairs (ie i couldn't use stairs). i just rested it completely for teh 2 weeks it took to ease up on the general pain, then i took it easy (ie still didn't use stairs or cycle) for another week and now it's fine

A plaster? What the hell, ended up coming through todays race unscathed all though it was a little painful at times. Im sure it only held me up a little - The rest did it good :)

Guest agteros

Ok, starting to worry now. Third day of pain, does seem to be getting any better :( Should I try train through the pain barrier or is that gonna make it worse - Where to from here? GP or should I be seeing someone else ( ie -Chiro, sports therapist)

It is a message... that you shouldn't buy your wife/allow her to buy a stupid little car.

Seriously,go see a ports therapists, who'll make a diagnosis

It is a message... that you shouldn't buy your wife/allow her to buy a stupid little car.

Seriously,go see a ports therapists, who'll make a diagnosis

I just wont drive it ever again, silly little Atos. :thumbdown: