Cheats Seeding Index's

Grumpy Gato

Just a quickie on the guys seen "leaving the route". Possible they weren't competing ? Just individuals out on their own. Had it down here in the boondocks (PE) where marshals were doing their best to shepherd me on a race route when I was out on my own trying to spin a pedal. Nearly ran one down - asked him "VOKKITOL - DO I LOOK LIKE A RACER ???

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During the 94.7 I passed a DD omie on the M1. I started in J so how did he make it into a pen before me?

Guest agteros

During the 94.7 I passed a DD omie on the M1. I started in J so how did he make it into a pen before me?

Maybe he is one of the ~9000(25K entries - ~16K 'results) without timing chips, and decided to start nice and early after listening to the weather forecast. Not right, but not short cutting either....?

Its flippen sad that super funriders like yourselves with nothing to do during ure day sitting behind your desk not contributing to a constructive day actually look up *** like this!

The truth of the matter is i started at 5.45am with the licenced VB 35-39 and ended the race at 8.30am..I have many people to constitute i was in the group from start till finish.Im from Durban so i actually wouldnt know where i could make the route shorter cause i would get lost..

So as to you moegoes i think you should train a bit harder and try do your under 3hr race and stop talking ***.Maybe try do a bit of work aswell.

The thread was generated way before your name was mentioned and was in no way directed towards you.

In your category it is very possible for three people to cross the line at the same time but the people in question are at the same time as somebody in their club or one of their fellow groupies - consistently.

The people in question only do it for one reason and that is to start early on the 94.7 and the Argus so they will not be out in the middle of the day.

look out for the guy crossing the finish line at the DC this weekend with 12 timing chips around his leg.... the rest of us will be in the pub :) (technically he only needs 6 for us to get an official time - but there was a bit of a team fight when it came to deciding which 6 got to race, so we have ordered some light weight carbon chips from racetec in order for him to save some weight)

Edited by CaneRat

This is something that has for a long time been coming and irritating the s'%t out of me and I want to have the opinion and comments of fellow cyclists.

There are people in cycling who blatantly and consistently give their timing chips (evidence is there and is being handed to CSA) to other better riders in order to get better qualifying times and therefore seeding for races such as the 94.7 and the Argus. They even brag about it to others how they are organising to be able to start early at these races. This is wrong and I call on all other honest cyclists to report similar thugs to CSA. The one cyclist even cheated on her 94.7 race this last Sunday in order to get a better seeding for the Argus.

To these riders - hopefully your days are numbered and CSA uses the evidence sent to them to bring you to book.

Comments? :angry: :thumbdown:

Grumpy, I need to say something related to this. In sunday I raced licensed vets VB, I was leading the bunch for the first 3km or so and 2 guys came past me so I was sitting 3rd wheel. The guy in front of me turned around to look what was happening behind him ????????????????????/ WTF, he wheel touched number 1 and went down bringing me and 11 others down, I was taken to hospital in an ambulance with multiple cracked and fractured ribs. WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCED CYCLIST TURNS AROUND TO LOOK AT THE PELETON WHEN HIS IS PULLING SECOND WHEEL. He obviously should never have been in our bunch and I am wondering where he came from? Could it be one of the jumpers who should not be there, yes I am angry and rightly so, because something like that should never happen, not when you racing licensed. Anyway, my 2 cents worth, think i will stick to triathlon, nice gap and no way to seed :-).

Another abnomalie is the seeding times one gets. Often a group of strong riders will fly past me and they start three or four groups back. I am not slouch in F group but these guys are way better than me? They must have done races to seed yet get bad placings?

the problem is if these guys do get stuck, and i do agree, they will get stuck - they do screw up the whole dynamica of the cycling world! i mean, guys that really train hard, will ride with these novices in a group, and the novices will be responsible for accidents etc!

this is unacceptable and something should be done!

i cant believe that they are actually getting away with this.....!?!?!?!?!?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Grumpy, I need to say something related to this. In sunday I raced licensed vets VB, I was leading the bunch for the first 3km or so and 2 guys came past me so I was sitting 3rd wheel. The guy in front of me turned around to look what was happening behind him ????????????????????/ WTF, he wheel touched number 1 and went down bringing me and 11 others down, I was taken to hospital in an ambulance with multiple cracked and fractured ribs. WHAT KIND OF EXPERIENCED CYCLIST TURNS AROUND TO LOOK AT THE PELETON WHEN HIS IS PULLING SECOND WHEEL. He obviously should never have been in our bunch and I am wondering where he came from? Could it be one of the jumpers who should not be there, yes I am angry and rightly so, because something like that should never happen, not when you racing licensed. Anyway, my 2 cents worth, think i will stick to triathlon, nice gap and no way to seed :-).

Bad luck there bud but you are correct, these peole are selfish and a danger to the better cyclists who deserve to be in the jump at that time. They wont win the race or even the category so why then even do this.

Ride your ability and get the better seeding starts as you improve. Thats like cheating your golf handicap and then playing with the pro's - result - you see your a$$.

Watch this space - their names will be posted in due course. :thumbup:

This is terrible news! Will anything happen? I doubt it - CSA got too much on the plate.

Two three things here:

1. I used to get pissed off with these suckers who cheat at funrides, until I realised life was too short too get stressed with petty stuff like this.

2. Karma will get them.

3. This type of cheating is just an indication of how these folks will act in almost all walks of life. Case in point, two people who used to cheat at funrides here in the WC; both subsequently arrested for, and convicted of fraud. One guy is still in jail, while a woman had an advanced degree withdrawn from the university where she obtained it.

Maybe they will get caught but its dangerous and the damage gets done in the mean time, I never really thought much about it until I got seriously hurt, then it made me think wait a minute something is not right here, and something needs to be done.

This is terrible news! Will anything happen? I doubt it - CSA got too much on the plate.

Maybe after they are named and shamed they will get the message even if CSA doesnt do anything to them. I doubt if they would be able to show their faces again in the local cycling community.