Specialized Concept Store

HowellingWulf

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that they can now move over into the proper new store over at the new shopping mall, they got the green light last week.

Howz the shop doing in Waterfall? Anyone know

honestly i don't know how they surviving. i'm in that shipping center every single day and their stock rarely seems to change and the workshop has maybe one or two bikes being serviced a week. again that's only what i can see. i would love to know how they doing, the other bike shops in hillcrest say they battling quite a bit.

honestly i don't know how they surviving. i'm in that shipping center every single day and their stock rarely seems to change and the workshop has maybe one or two bikes being serviced a week. again that's only what i can see. i would love to know how they doing, the other bike shops in hillcrest say they battling quite a bit.

I think they're doing pretty well. They were our top Formula store in the country for a month earlier this year, and they seem to turn through a good amount of bearings in the workshop. I look forward to seeing the new shop tomorrow though, I really hope the guys manage to stick it out, they really are a great bunch of guys!

I think they're doing pretty well. They were our top Formula store in the country for a month earlier this year, and they seem to turn through a good amount of bearings in the workshop. I look forward to seeing the new shop tomorrow though, I really hope the guys manage to stick it out, they really are a great bunch of guys!

well that's good news at least, i've bought a couple of things there and although they not the cheapest, the service is fast and friendly and it certainly beats driving though to hillcrest for me :)

Does the upper Highway area have enough cyclists to support 6 shops ? I hope so as it seems to keep the prices quite competitive.

1) Specialized store in Waterfall

2) Bring-It-on in Kloof

3) Cycle Logic in Gillitts (old Harley shop)

4) Marty's Cycles (Heritage Market)

5) Mavericks in Hillcrest

6) Cycle Lab in Hillcrest.

Edited by ricochet_rabbit

must i guess if they still around. i haven't been into a bike shop in ages since i started doing my own services; as much as i'd like to support them, crc far cheaper to bring in spares.

Does the upper Highway area have enough cyclists to support 6 shops ? I hope so as it seems to keep the prices quite competitive.

1) Specialized store in Waterfall

2) Bring-It-on in Kloof

3) Cycle Logic in Gillitts (old Harley shop)

4) Marty's Cycles (Heritage Market)

5) Mavericks in Hillcrest

6) Cycle Lab in Hillcrest.

Plus 1 at the Pavillion and another opening shortly at The Westville Mall - 8 shops within a 20min drive of each other, does seem crazy that they can all be making money.

Plus 1 at the Pavillion and another opening shortly at The Westville Mall - 8 shops within a 20min drive of each other, does seem crazy that they can all be making money.

The one opening in the Westville mall could actually do quite well, especially with the VA gym being there and the huge amount of foot traffic it generates. It's also easier to drop it off there for a service than trying to get in/out of the pavilion.

It's also easier to drop it off there for a service than trying to get in/out of the pavilion.

The easiest place to drop off a bicycle for a service is at Good2Go in Pinetown, and IMHO Mark and Jason are two of the best in the business. I will not let anyone else touch my bikes.