Sponsorship Offered

Pretorim

I'm assisting a friend who's sponsoring a new team.

We're inviting CV's of interested guys, and especially girls. It will be a development team where no salaries are paid but the rider will be rewarded for performance and issued with kit.

We have one of the biggest Cycle houses on board and their name is also part of the team's name. The cyclist will be able to buy bikes, gear etc. at GREATLY reduced prices, service the bike etc. Believe me this is a spezial deal.

We're loooking to kit out about 100 Cyclists but only the top 10 will be known as the racing team and will be able to make use of the advantages from our Cycling Sponsor (Bikes etc)

The sponsors are committed and if the first year is a success, the team will continue perhaps until 2015. After next year, the Cycling house have indicatedthey might be much more involved and then make sure that all the riders have same, decent bikes! (This year was a bit late and they spent their budget)

The emphasis is on Mountainbiking but if you want to do races on the road/ track, it will also be encouraged. The area from which we're hoping to draw interest is the greater Pretoria and Jhb areas.

Kindly PM me if you're interested.

Edited by Pretorium

Always great when there is new sponsors and they are growing the sport and developing riders etc and I always ask what is a "development team"

I could be totally out of place here, but the way I have read it looks like it is way for the the company to move more bikes and accessories, so basically selling direct to the public, and then setting up a cycling club.

" The cyclist will be able to buy bikes, gear etc. at GREATLY reduced prices, service the bike etc.

Let me not be negative here and not loose sight that there will be more sponsorship coming into Cycling which is always needed.

Now I know why it's called Rant & Rave - it's so easy to Rant...

My fault - did not provide extensive info. I've also had a few PM's and will try to address some of the issues:

The way the sponsorship (Assistance!)is structured will in no way be to the detrement of bike dealers. The main sponsor (One who gives MONEY) wanted a big name to be linked with the team. The opposite is true, the bikeshops will benefit in the end with more riders getting out on their bikes.

Age of the riders - The top 10 racing team that will benefit most will probably be youngsters with no work or good source of income. Develop them with assistence.

Sponsors want podiums for exposure of their brand and performance will be encouraged and rewarded.

Saying all of that, remember that about 100 riders will be kitted out for brand exposure. Although not in top 10, performance will still be monitored. Age is therefor not a limiting factor and if all goes well next year the racing team might look completely different.

The intention is alround good and furter queries are welcomed.

Bryce Munro could definitely do with a team to ride for if he hasn't yet gotten offers for 2011.

How bout Hendrik Kruger, great results in the MTN/Nissan serie this year

Bryce Munro could definitely do with a team to ride for if he hasn't yet gotten offers for 2011.

How bout Hendrik Kruger, great results in the MTN/Nissan serie this year

Bryce Munro is super talented, I can't believe that he has been riding without a sponsor for most of the year.

Bryce Munro is super talented, I can't believe that he has been riding without a sponsor for most of the year.

Boggles the mind, he did ride for DCM right ? Wonder what went wrong there ?

I chatted to him at the Cycle Park a little while back. Nice kid. Apparently he was quite ill for a while too. Agree that he deserves a team spot.

ah no man im in pe and would realy love the chance to ride competitively ahh oh well maybe next time

ah no man im in pe and would realy love the chance to ride competitively ahh oh well maybe next time

+1 I am in CT and would love to get into MTB'ing but the Bikes are so damn expensive! Well then again, if you haven't got much $$, anything is expensive :blink:

Damn if it weren't for this comment I'd have my hand up in a jiffy -

"...that will benefit most will probably be youngsters with no work or good source of income. Develop them with assistence..."

Would love to ride with a good team, but some young okies could use this a lot better!

(That said I doubt I'd be able to keep up, hahaha)

Best of luck!