Which kids bike

Headshot

He's 5 and a bit and tall for his age - he already rides his Raleigh Burner (what a badly made piece of junk) well and I'd like to get him one of those cool kids 20" MTB's with front shocks and some gears at the back . Any ideas on which brands are good. I know Merida make some nice ones - any other suggestions and sources in the CT area?

Specialized Hotrock? My son's first proper bike. We bought it new, they have very good resale value as well. After that I bought him a 24" Hotrock with the money from selling the old one and a bit extra. He loved those two bikes. He now rides a 15" frame Giant XTC that I built up for him to a nice spec. He is 10 now and it should last him a while .

I think he was about 5 when we bought the first Hotrock. My son is also tall for his age.

Edited by sputnik-f1

My mates at work bought their kids Silverbacks and everybody is extremely happy.

No point in spending lots of cash on a fancy brand but if you have the bucks then why not.

got my little guy the silverback Atomic and i must say im very impressed with the build quality and the grip shifters work really well

got my little guy the silverback Atomic and i must say im very impressed with the build quality and the grip shifters work really well

Ditto.