One more thing I don't need an LBS for!

The expat cyclist

Just finished getting my wifes bike's wheels TUBELESS! Got it right first time! No leaks, not a single one!

Wish I had more wheels to make tubeless! :clap:

Just finished getting my wifes bike's wheels TUBELESS! Got it right first time! No leaks, not a single one!

Wish I had more wheels to make tubeless! :clap:

ill ship you my wheels then you can make it tubeless :P

I did my first ghetto conversion 2 weeks ago, loving it so far!

Went the hardcore route with a track pump. Made for a good workout, but I don't think I would have managed without the tight fit of proper UST rubber...

Good for you it is not rocket science to do it though

Upgrading, Repairing and servicing bicycles is no " dark art" Almost anybody can do it themselves if you really want to. Some tools, a good book and the will to do it and off you go. Leave those computer games and work on your own bikes.

I did my first ghetto conversion 2 weeks ago, loving it so far!

Went the hardcore route with a track pump. Made for a good workout, but I don't think I would have managed without the tight fit of proper UST rubber...

I got the wheels inflated with a floor pump - onetime!

MJ so what did you use - kit, ghetto or tape and valve ?

I find if you remove the valve core then more air goes in so you can seat tyres easier

MJ so what did you use - kit, ghetto or tape and valve ?

I find if you remove the valve core then more air goes in so you can seat tyres easier

I used the stans kit = it works well.

Wasn't even nodig to remove the valve core. It inflated that easy.

PS: It was mavic X117 rims and Michelin XCR tyres - just for info.

3 CO2 bombs, then an explosion of note at 2,5 bar painting the garage with Stans sending the rim in one direction and the tyre in another. I successfully converted back to video games and the Stans in my ears is helping to keep me there :drool:

Tubeless is easy guys don't go the stans or joe's route it is expensive and those tubeless strips don't last. Get yourself a good fibre tape from your hardware store just wide enough for your rim, prepare your rim by cleaning it properly and then tape the rim twice, pop in the tubeless valves and ind inflate. If you want a conversion that will last for ages, get the DT Swiss tubeless rimstrip as well you will never have any hassles, sometimes you need to remove the valve core to inflate the tyre and co2 bombs should not be used use a compressor

Did the wife appreciate the effort and notice the difference? Im in the process of building the wifes new wheels too, Im more excited about it then she is :lol:

Did the wife appreciate the effort and notice the difference? Im in the process of building the wifes new wheels too, Im more excited about it then she is :lol:

She did notice - the tires are not all black so...

And she does appreciate it she says.

And yes, I am/was more excited about it than she was... :lol:

Just one last footnote: One only use 1.5 scoops of sealant per wheel. So the bottle of sealant I got with the kit is still half full - maybe a bit more. When i had my first tubeless conversion done by an LBS, they must have used the whole bottle 'cause I got nothing back! <_<

So, when having your LBS do your tubeless conversion, ask them about YOUR half full bottle of sealant...