MTB'ing in Boksburg

Spannerman

Does anybody know of any decent, but safe, MTB trails near the Boksburg Area?

I know of the Airport route, are there any other areas in Boksburg for some good MTB'ing.

Edited by Spannerman

No safe place to cycle alone, Boksburg Stadium, Carnival Mall/Brakpan out towards Nigel/Springs used to be safe but no longer. Even the dumps at Nortmead is not safe to cycle alone.

Your best bet would be to join a group or cycle at Rietvlei.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi.

We have a few routes that we take on the weekends near Carnival city, we never ride alone so come join us. There is about 3 - 5 ppl on each ride. Check out our group on fb - Dirt Demons.

Cheers

Mark.

Just a query..exactly where is the airport route? i stay close by to OR Tambo / boksburg area...

This should give you an idea of the Route. Access via Ridge Road (Open Single Track) and Springbok Road (Forest single track).

Warning, quite wet at the moment!

post-2153-0-15628800-1296564884.jpg

Checked out the airport route..keen to go and ride, but its raining. being a rookie how safe are these tracks if wet? when do most people go ride there?

Hi.

We have a few routes that we take on the weekends near Carnival city, we never ride alone so come join us. There is about 3 - 5 ppl on each ride. Check out our group on fb - Dirt Demons.

Cheers

Mark.

thankx may just do that.