Uni Cycling

Imhotep

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eish, not a great way make friends here, and not a great way to get a fringe sport taken seriously! Well, unicycling might never be taken seriously, but we can have a go at least, haha!

You must be one of the a...holes who ride in the Argus in the wind (2010), get blown over and then bring down ten other cyclists with you ......... not cool but definately gay :P

I'm one of the a..holes who rode in the 2010 Argus (the original poster isn't). There were no incidents in spite of the wind. Statistically, you are more likely to be taken by a shark whilst swimming than being taken by a unicyclist whilst cycling (I am sure you will agree that my logic here is flawless :lol: ). We'll be there for the Argus this year. Please say hi if you pass us - We are not easy to miss :P

So riding a road bike (and a mtb for that matter) in normal civilized cycling gear, like the majority of normal cyclists, makes me gay? WTF! It sure beats riding a circus bike dressed as Ronald Mc Donald! I really think you joined the wrong forum, cause I think you are obsessed with the 'mono' (mono-wheel, mono-sexual, mono-minded) side of life. Why not give a gay forum a try, or even better, like I said in my previous post, what about joining Boswill Wilkie. There you will be able to live your dream and track-stand, go backwards (while us normal cyclists are seeking ways to go forward even faster) and do some other circus tricks.

Notice to other unicyclists : I have absolutely no problem with an unicycle, think it is rather cool, but I do have an issue with a monkey riding one!

Thanks atraut for clarifying your thoughts on unicyclists in general (and thanks to the others who can see the difference between a unicyclist and a clown on a unicycle).

Can you even cycle 25km or even more a couple of days a week? Didn't think so...

Check out the CounterBalance website. We've just finished the Freedom Revolution Unicycle Tour: 2470km over 44 days, offroad (ie: the Freedom Challenge route), on unicycles.

Enough said, full stop.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51G0UxhPTzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ummm, I have absolutely no comeback for this one :rolleyes:...

WOFT, great post! I loved following your exploits online! Had me in stitches at times! :thumbup:

Here's my eldest son trying tio get to grips with his last year:

post-1604-0-38428100-1294899396.jpg

Edited by Tumbleweed

• 1 month later...

I'm glad that WOFT has saved the thread from the direction it was heading. Imhotep ... dude ... there have been a few unicyclists on TheHub for a while now. We've been courteous to the bikers on the forum as it is predominantly a bike cycling forum. It's a bit offsides to post inflammatory comments given how fringe unicycling is. We've also made a huge effort to be friendly and open when riding on the trails in an effort get people to dispel the circus stigma and see unicycling for what it is.

Tumbleweed... great to the the youngsters riding a uni. Perhaps you should give it a go as well ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Imhotep's profile page: Gender: Not telling.

Say no more !!!!

Hypocrite...