Felt AR series as a dual purpose?

Zula

I have been toying with the idea of a TT bike of late, but it does'nt seem to warrant the necessary expenditure for the number of times I would use it in a year.

So I came along the AR series, particulary the AR4, and to me this bike has the frame design to be a dual purpose. Primarily a road bike but secondly a TT bike. The frame seems to be highly suited toward TT as well as normal road use. It is also very aero in appearance, with all tubes and stays being flat and blade like.

To convert it you could get another saddle and some clip on bars, or alternatively a whole new handle bar with new shifters and brake levers, but this is obviously harder to install at will etc.

Who thinks this could work?

doesnt it come down to geometry. Felt say's the AR4 has road bike geo, but the 'look' of sleek. Checking the geo for both bikes for a comparable frame size confirms it's all in the geo.

However, nothing stops you from using a bike as you wish. My swim coach took a standard road bike and just clamped on some aero bars, until she can afford a proper TT frame.

Apparently the AR4 is good for either or. But like you said you don't want to plump for a tt bike. I'd get one if I was inclined to do abit of tri.

Apparently the AR4 is good for either or. But like you said you don't want to plump for a tt bike. I'd get one if I was inclined to do abit of tri.

thanks for the responses guys! I think the geo is well suited for a TT bike and with a few adjustments it could be we suited to be a dual purpose bike.

Time will tell.

Anyone else got some views?