Ladies pro teams

amoryns

darkhorse the younger riders are been noticed hence MTN has given four of them a ride for 2011 not in the squad but directly into the team.

Amoryn our ladies need to step up to the likes of Anriette Cherise Robyn etc These ladies put in the time and effort to be where they are hence the podium on a regular basis an example is Cherise riding the the rain the past 10 days whilst Anriette Lizanne Robyn Charlotte Marie and working their butts of in the PE crits this past week.

I never said that these ladies are not putting in the effort, I merely stated that we never see anyone else on the podium. Small competition if you ask me

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

darkhorse the younger riders are been noticed hence MTN has given four of them a ride for 2011 not in the squad but directly into the team.

Amoryn our ladies need to step up to the likes of Anriette Cherise Robyn etc These ladies put in the time and effort to be where they are hence the podium on a regular basis an example is Cherise riding the the rain the past 10 days whilst Anriette Lizanne Robyn Charlotte Marie and working their butts of in the PE crits this past week.

HA HA HA HA HA... We will see how far behind those MTN riders are in the races. Do yourself a favour and check the results of races and see how far behind they acually finish. I don't know how they got noticed.

Darkhorse seems you have an answer for everything however in every category they rode the past two season's as Nashua members they either won the TT or road tittles at SA'and all tours on offer (check results as you say)

Why all the negativity? why not offer some of your expertise to help improve the quality of SA riders especially amongst the ladies

Simple result check you could do to disprove your reasoning,shows your talking based on emotion not fact

94.7 2010 results

Taylor, Cherise % 2:45:09 673/15859 F 3/3002 1/161 1/33 35.39

van der Merwe, Charlotte:48:03 804/15859 F 16/3002 2/161 9/33 34.78

Chemaly, Sarah % 2:48:13 816/15859 F 23/3002 3/161 16/33 34.74

Burger, Lynette % 2:51:03 992/15859 F 33/3002 10/479 18/33 34.17

Stenerhag, Jennie 2:51:03 993/15859 F 34/3002 7/497 19/33 34.17

Berg, Corinne % 2:51:03 995/15859 F 35/3002 10/570 20/33 34.17

Breytenbach, Jeaun-Mari 2:51:03 996/15859 F 36/3002 4/161 21/33 34.17

I am with Darkhorse on this one. Some quality individual amateur girls are going to go un noticed or be written off as wheel suckers in the men's groups. I think these categories are also going to spell the end of the older Vets racing groups.

its a mistake to loose the licensed ladies groups....baaaaack in the days I could very easily sit with the A-bunch guys but as soon as I had to race with the ladies I had my work cut out for me. Tactics will no longer be a priority but rather who can do the fastest time over 100 odd km's :thumbdown:

Lets give it a chance, Top elite Ladies wont be riding in open bunch but with top vet riders where tactics plays a role in anycase.

Riding with vets is the best thing for elite ladies. Get them stronger for international comps.

@darkhorse, dono where you were in 2010, but I can count 15+ that made the podium in the last 12 months.

The new system of ladies racing is going to expose the weaker riders. The will be no ladies team tactics. Basically the strongest riders will survive in the bunch and sprint at the finish. The past two years, where there were a few teams going head to head, the racing was good. The average speeds were good. But one can not compare an average speed of a lady, who raced in a ladies start group, compared to a lady who started in a A,B or C group. It is very different sitting on a wheel of a guy for 100km as apposed to making the racing for 100km. I get so tired of people asking, "but my girl friend rode a better time than one of your riders" One of the disadvantages is that younger riders will find it very difficult to find teams.

The plus side of the new system, is that very few riders who want to race internationally, will be better prepared.

The new system of ladies racing is going to expose the weaker riders. The will be no ladies team tactics. Basically the strongest riders will survive in the bunch and sprint at the finish. The past two years, where there were a few teams going head to head, the racing was good. The average speeds were good. But one can not compare an average speed of a lady, who raced in a ladies start group, compared to a lady who started in a A,B or C group. It is very different sitting on a wheel of a guy for 100km as apposed to making the racing for 100km. I get so tired of people asking, "but my girl friend rode a better time than one of your riders" One of the disadvantages is that younger riders will find it very difficult to find teams.

The plus side of the new system, is that very few riders who want to race internationally, will be better prepared.

Agreed Owen.

I just wish CSA will listen to what the people say.

Simple result check you could do to disprove your reasoning,shows your talking based on emotion not fact

94.7 2010 results

Taylor, Cherise % 2:45:09 673/15859 F 3/3002 1/161 1/33 35.39

van der Merwe, Charlotte:48:03 804/15859 F 16/3002 2/161 9/33 34.78

Chemaly, Sarah % 2:48:13 816/15859 F 23/3002 3/161 16/33 34.74

Burger, Lynette % 2:51:03 992/15859 F 33/3002 10/479 18/33 34.17

Stenerhag, Jennie 2:51:03 993/15859 F 34/3002 7/497 19/33 34.17

Berg, Corinne % 2:51:03 995/15859 F 35/3002 10/570 20/33 34.17

Breytenbach, Jeaun-Mari 2:51:03 996/15859 F 36/3002 4/161 21/33 34.17

Dude!

I don't agree with what you saying. I know for a fact the riders who did a 2:51 got dropped early in the race and sat in a mens group. They would have been a lot more than 6min behind

its a mistake to loose the licensed ladies groups....baaaaack in the days I could very easily sit with the A-bunch guys but as soon as I had to race with the ladies I had my work cut out for me. Tactics will no longer be a priority but rather who can do the fastest time over 100 odd km's :thumbdown:

Agreed.

I have recently been following ladies racing and they race very hard when racing against each other. Its constant attacking but with the men its going to be wheel sucking. No tactics.

I would say, ladies race with men in provincial races and against each other at national level. This way the ladies get stronger racing against the guys at provincial level and get to use that improvement agaist each other at the national classics.

does that not sound very resonable?

Well it’s my fiancé’s 1st year with a pro team. She races smaller races with the men and it has definitely made her a better rider. She does however feel that racing National Classics with the men is going to take away the status of ladies pro racing. There will no longer be an excited commentator screaming out over the mic as the ladies bunch starting the sprint finish. Now it’s going to be a bunch coming in and “o there goes the winning lady”. Not good for the riders, not good for the sponsors, not good for the spectators.

I have been sitting on the couch watching the Argus ladies race approaching the finish and you can’t even see the ladies they are lost in the men. It’s such an anticlimax to just see someone going over the line in a group. What is more exciting than watching a finish of a elite men’s race. Riders jockeying for positions and then the battle of the sprinters for the line. That’s what we need to uplift ladies cycling and motivate younger riders to start in the sport. Young girls must say that’s what I want to do.

Agreed.

I have recently been following ladies racing and they race very hard when racing against each other. Its constant attacking but with the men its going to be wheel sucking. No tactics.

I would say, ladies race with men in provincial races and against each other at national level. This way the ladies get stronger racing against the guys at provincial level and get to use that improvement agaist each other at the national classics.

does that not sound very resonable?

yippeeee now that makes sense.