physio vs biokineticus

So I have this knee pain whenever I put to much pressure on it while riding. (since October)

I can run technical trails easily, but on the bike I have to take it easy.

Do I go to a physio or a biokineticus? What's the difference?

Source of the injury may be bike setup, but I've been riding the same setup since April on both mtb and roadbike.

I think it's overuse, 'cause I got the injury on the 3rd day of Isuzu 3 Towers for which I wasn't well prepared.

So where is the knee pain and what exactly does it feel like?

Inside of my left knee. I can easily do a 3h ride or so. With a tempo ride I can start to feel the pain a bit.

In the beginning I couldn't cycle for 5km's and I also felt pain when I put my foot on the clutch while driving.

Inside of my left knee. I can easily do a 3h ride or so. With a tempo ride I can start to feel the pain a bit.

In the beginning I couldn't cycle for 5km's and I also felt pain when I put my foot on the clutch while driving.

On the inside side of your left knee or inside the inside of your left knee? Sorry for the funny question, but it makes a difference.

On the inside side of your left knee or inside the inside of your left knee? Sorry for the funny question, but it makes a difference.

Can't quite remember how deep the pain goes, but red marks the spot

post-7040-0-20092100-1294167398.jpg

Can't quite remember how deep the pain goes, but red marks the spot

Physio. It looks to be at the point where you muscle attached to your tendon. If you rub your finger over it does it feel fibrous?

It is most likely caused by over-use and too-short quad muscles. You will also probably need a physio to correctly breakdown any possible scar tissue and rehab the area if it is as I suspect. Reason I say this is that I had this injury before myself and it hurt just like you say. Sometimes climbing stair 2 at a time.

Time and patience will be key here as IF there is scar tissue above the "knots"/fibrous area it will need time to heal or may get worse.

Generally, you go to the physio for treatment and then once it starts getting better, you go to the bio for rehab e.g. strengthening exercises to address imbalances and stretching etc.

I've been going to Kyalami Physio, http://www.garricvosloo.co.za/index.htm, to look at similar knee issues. He looks at bike setup, does treatments and there is also a bio at the practice.