Singlespeed Tensioner

RodTi

Do not know of the DMR tensioner but they are quite big in queen victoria's land. We have a set of MTB tandem wheels built on DMR revolver 36h disk hubs with Sun Ringle Mammoth hoops and they have been performing exceptionally

I have one, been using it for around 3 years - still on the original roller + bearings... Worth every penny!!! Maybe be cheap to buy but the quality is all there!!!

A couple of Mods:

Took a Stanley knife to the groove in the roller to widen it a little so that it could take a KMC single speed chain, as the chain is pretty beefy and the roller is probably designed for a 8/9spd chain. Worked a treat and didn't cause any problems.

The chromed male/female bolt that holds the roller is longer than the roller is wider - this for chainline adjustment. However after many miles the bearing started to push its way out of the roller (having a wide chain on probably didn't help either...). Not that this caused any problems / damage / wear and tear, but anyways I found some stainless washers and packed them around the roller (keeping the correct chainline in mind) and that worked a treat to ensure no more wandering bearing...kind of looks nifty to if I do say so myself.

SO, to cut the long story short - buy the tensioner! I live in Cape town, so if you want to come and take a squizz, give me a shout on the PM

• 2 weeks later...

I have one, been using it for around 3 years - still on the original roller + bearings... Worth every penny!!! Maybe be cheap to buy but the quality is all there!!!

A couple of Mods:

Took a Stanley knife to the groove in the roller to widen it a little so that it could take a KMC single speed chain, as the chain is pretty beefy and the roller is probably designed for a 8/9spd chain. Worked a treat and didn't cause any problems.

The chromed male/female bolt that holds the roller is longer than the roller is wider - this for chainline adjustment. However after many miles the bearing started to push its way out of the roller (having a wide chain on probably didn't help either...). Not that this caused any problems / damage / wear and tear, but anyways I found some stainless washers and packed them around the roller (keeping the correct chainline in mind) and that worked a treat to ensure no more wandering bearing...kind of looks nifty to if I do say so myself.

SO, to cut the long story short - buy the tensioner! I live in Cape town, so if you want to come and take a squizz, give me a shout on the PM

Thanks MT! :thumbup:

I having been using one for 4/5 months now and no problems and I ride it hard and in the worst conditions. Spruit at least 3 times a week. can't go wrong.

I having been using one for 4/5 months now and no problems and I ride it hard and in the worst conditions. Spruit at least 3 times a week. can't go wrong.

:thumbup: