illegal rear lights??

nacho!

I like helmet lights too! You could make money, speak to Bell... and sell your idea to them :thumbup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like helmet lights too! You could make money, speak to Bell... and sell your idea to them :thumbup:

+1 on that, for a R12 cost, its brilliant. What & how many batteries did you use?

And while I was busy with the LED's I made some Wide angle Red ones to fit on the rear of the helmet for better visibility, middle one flashes. Cost me about R12 to build!

I like.

What sort of batteries are involved?

Inspired by The Terminator ?

post-615-0-23764100-1296192370.jpg

And while I was busy with the LED's I made some Wide angle Red ones to fit on the rear of the helmet for better visibility, middle one flashes. Cost me about R12 to build!

Looks good!

Just watch out, if you are commuting with your bag on your back on a road bike (lower angle of your body) your bag hides the lights.

That schweet, I really like that. How did you make it?

&

I like.What sort of batteries are involved?Inspired by The Terminator ?

I mounted a LED in each vent at both sides with twin flex wires running on the inside and connecting a 2x AA battery pack that I cable tied to the back of the helmet's head mount with a little switch.

It's still in the R&D faze so I might swop the AA for AAA battery pack that’s lighter and smaller. I use those cheap AA batteries that weigh a lot less than energizers and the LED's draw only 60mAh. The battery pack was supposed the fit horizontally but I cut the wires 2cm too short...

Yeah! that’s what it reminded me of! at first it looked like a death shark without the middle LED