Evans cycles

stewie911

Did an order Saterday night and to my suprise, customs phoned me this morning telling me my package is in RSA. :thumbup:

Plus point for Evans cycles: Unlike CRC, you can order Mavic products. Unfortunatly not Specialized.(Or luckily for my budget :unsure: )

Did an order Saterday night and to my suprise, customs phoned me this morning telling me my package is in RSA. :thumbup:

Plus point for Evans cycles: Unlike CRC, you can order Mavic products. Unfortunatly not Specialized.(Or luckily for my budget :unsure: )

Thats damn good going, Im waiting for an order to come in from Andorra. Its been a week so far. They export Specialized goods too :clap:

Now you telling me. :D Was looking for s-works shoes as they didn't have my size up in Jozi.

Also did a wiggle order on Sunday afternoon and already sent to outbound flights ready to be shipped off to RSA. Wiggle has a nice selection for the multisport types

What's the website for Andorra? Can't find them

Edited by stewie911

Now you telling me. :D Was looking for s-works shoes as they didn't have my size up in Jozi.

Also did a wiggle order on Sunday afternoon and already sent to outbound flights ready to be shipped off to RSA. Wiggle has a nice selection for the multisport types

What's the website for Andorra? Can't find them

Jormabike, https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/94771-jormabike-great-service/page__st__-20__p__1284047__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1284047. They are the ONLY people that would ship Specialized gear(I had tried the USA, UK, and OZ)

Im keen to give evans cycles a try. Been checking out the cannondale super six hi mod full sram red going for........ wait for it........ just R32 000! Sure its tax free but it still is way cheeper than here. You can always asked them to send as bike parts then you skip all that duty.

How does it work with bring in bikes from overseas. I see they are cheeper there. Do you pay VAT when it arives in SA and are there any other hiden costs?

How does it work with bring in bikes from overseas. I see they are cheeper there. Do you pay VAT when it arives in SA and are there any other hiden costs?

You will pay big time on importing a full bike. Search throught the forum for it, there is pleanty of info. Just type CRC in the search window and happy reading :)

Hi Bruce

Quick answer on bikes - add 32.7% of value (15% duty of value plus 15.4% VAT on the new amount).

So the Cannondale of R32 000 will b a total of +/- R42 450 with hopefully free shipping on that amount!

:thumbup: :thumbup: To Evans!

Year ago i ordered S-Work shoes, arrived at my cousin in the UK quick as well, can't remember exact days to save on the customs duties.

Ordered a seatpost for a m8 on Sat as well after Wiggle didn't have stock. Evans did a price match, processed order on Sat and it arrived either Tues or Wed at my cousin.

They def on my list of guys to buy from!

Wiggle order was done Sunday afternoon and Evans Saterday night, both packages got delivered to our office on Friday morning. Beat that CRC.

Wiggle even emailed me my tracking number and they let me know when my package arrived in RSA.

• 7 months later...

Recently attempted to purchase 2 Brake disk Rotors as a testing the waters with Evans. The stock did not arrive, everything seemed like it was good when I first contacted the supprt team and they quickly claimed to have dispatched another replacement order to me. I queried if it was possible to pay for a more reliable method of delivery but was assured that it woud arrive soon. Unfortunately the so called second package did not arrive either. Subsequent attempts to communicate with Evan's Cycles seams to have fallen on Def ears, easpecially when I try and get any shipping information out of them. As such I will not be buying anything from them ever again as they just do not seem to be interested, which is sad considering the professionalism of some of the Other Online retailers. At the moment I am out of pocket with no stock for an oreder place around 2 months ago.