Just ordered a Zula frame

Sawdust

Well after 12months of watching, reading and asking lots of questions, I finally placed my order for a new Zula frame. Ordered the black and blue frame, size large. Also placed an order of a XT groupset. Will fit my white SID shock on there as well as the black ZTR rims.

All the 29er hype confused the crap out of me for the last 2 months, but I decided to stick to what I feel comfortable with.

I noticed the Zula now comes standard with the RP2 shock and not the RP23. Not a train smash in my view. I've being riding a bike with the RP23 for the last 3.5 years and if I compare that to the RP2 on my wife's bike, I tend to prefer the RP2. The pro-pedal lock-out on the RP2 is more distinct and makes the bike nice and stiff. The RP23 remains kind of soft on level 3, even at a much higher pressure.

Can't wait for delivery!!! :clap:

Ja, I think that is why they switched, the RP2 gives a "fuller" lockout than the rp23. Anyhow very jealous enjoy your new steed

If I may make one small recommendation - have the rear shock set up properly by someone who knows what they are doing.

Had my Zula for 5 rides and was struggeling to get the set-up correct.

Last week did a ride with a semi bike celeb and an bikeshop mechanic, afer 5km they forced me off the bike - fiddled for 15 seconds and kapow - "bob" gone.

Seems that my rebound was just set to fast. Slowing it down sorted out the "bobbing" instantly.

Now its really a pleasure - no need to lock out anymore.

Get this setup right and you wont believe what that bike does!!!!!

Enjoy mate!!!

Congrats,

Great choice, I love mine best decision I have ever made.

As a matter of interest why did you go with XT and not SRAM?

Personal choice?

I hope/trust I will be happy. I'm still comparing 29er and Zula reviews, but it's a bit too late now. Still convinced I made the right choice.

I am getting the shop to build it up. Will get my usual mechanic to check it out too.

For some reason I still prefer XT. I know it is a bit heavier, but I have faith in it. Suppose more personal choice.

Normal price on the frame I think is R16000-R16500. I got it with some discount.

I hope/trust I will be happy. I'm still comparing 29er and Zula reviews, but it's a bit too late now. Still convinced I made the right choice.

I am getting the shop to build it up. Will get my usual mechanic to check it out too.

For some reason I still prefer XT. I know it is a bit heavier, but I have faith in it. Suppose more personal choice.

Normal price on the frame I think is R16000-R16500. I got it with some discount.

You made the right choice bud, it's a great bike you will have a blast on it. Full XT is also great price point wise, will probably outlast you and me, light enough and not over the top expensive. Good choices alround. Wheels? :thumbup:

You made the right choice bud, it's a great bike you will have a blast on it. Full XT is also great price point wise, will probably outlast you and me, light enough and not over the top expensive. Good choices alround. Wheels? :thumbup:

ZTR 355 hoops, Wheelsmith 1.6mm spokes, brass nipples and AMC hubs if my memory serves me right. Still being conservative with UST Maxxis tyres though. Tried normal tires on a few occasions but I have bad luck with side wall cuts.

The Zula should be dead easy to set up in the rear shock department - far easier thana linkage or VPP design and I doubt you'll need lock out - mono-pivots hardly bob in my experience.

ZTR 355 hoops, Wheelsmith 1.6mm spokes, brass nipples and AMC hubs if my memory serves me right. Still being conservative with UST Maxxis tyres though. Tried normal tires on a few occasions but I have bad luck with side wall cuts.

Sweet, good wheels man...very tough...No weight weenie myself...function and strength over weight any day of the week :thumbup:

We want pics when its done, think there is a "show us those morewoods" thread...dis waar die manne uithang :P

355?

I thought it is discontinued?

Apparently Crest replaced it?

Anyhow....great bike, I love mine aswell.

I agree with Vinny, get the rear suspension setup by some one who knows. I also strugled with mine intialy.

I've had mine for 18 months now and still loving it :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Regard

355?

I thought it is discontinued?

Apparently Crest replaced it?

Anyhow....great bike, I love mine aswell.

I agree with Vinny, get the rear suspension setup by some one who knows. I also strugled with mine intialy.

I've had mine for 18 months now and still loving it :thumbup: :thumbup:

You might be right, but the wheels were built a year ago and only used for races. I use my old Mavic X819's for training rides.