when should I start adjusting the pressure in my fork due to weight loss

GF29er

Hi all,

yesterday evening I noticed that my fork (fox RL 29r) is feeling very 'hard' and wondering if I need to get the pressure adjusted (no pump came with the fork :( ) I am pretty sure it doesn't need a service yet, the bike has only done about 500-600 km...

what do you think?

Cheers

Iain

Please post your diet and training plan - must work if you've lost so much weight after only 500-600km of cycling.

GF29er, it probably just needs a service, sounds like it's built up a bit of stiction. So it's not the pressure that's the problem, it's the fact that it's not moving smoothly. Before you send it in though, try dripping some synthetic wet lube on the stanchions and giving it a good pump. It may just be that the wipers are too dry...

Please post your diet and training plan - must work if you've lost so much weight after only 500-600km of cycling.

I have a single speed and road bike too, and do some running, swimming and Pilates as well... along with a Low GI diet... average time doing sport weekly is +/- 12 hours currently.

Oh and the bike stood for 18 months not being used because I had a neck injury..

The weightloss :)

Serioulsy tho - if the fork seems too hard, play with the pressure there is no hard and fast rule. If you dont smack into boulder gardens and drops too often you can run it softer at the risk of the occasional bottom out.