Disc Pads..whats the difs

Fast R

Interested in buying clarks disk pads from CRC;

Are they any good?

What is the difference between the Gold, organic and syntered?

Organics are supposed to stop you faster, especially in wet conditions, but wear quickly. Sintered are the other way around. The Clarks Gold are meant to combine the best attributes of both.

I have just received the gold ones with a new brakeset, but with bedding in new brakes, rotors and pads at the same time I cannot comment on if they are better or not. All of them have the ability to generate large amount of noise.

Thank you, just finished my first set of Shimano xt pads and must say i did not get a single sqeeeek out of them, just want to know if these will be of same quality, must say the shimano pads did not last long, maybe 600km, is this the normal lifespan of pads?

Edited by Fast R

Resin pads provide good stopping and produce less heat but don't last long in dirty conditions. Sintered semi-metal pads squeal and heat up more but bite better and last longer when it gets wet.

Thank you, just finished my first set of Shimano xt pads and must say i did not get a single sqeeeek out of them, just want to know if these will be of same quality, must say the shimano pads did not last long, maybe 600km, is this the normal lifespan of pads?

That does not sound right. But then again I've heard people finish a set of pads on one leg of the Sabie race. I'm standing on 5718km with the original set of XT organic pads and there is about 40-50% pad left.