Killarney (CT) Wednesday night races

sharkysa

Now for a gripe ...

I have tried +1 a few times and I am not nearly strong enough (PPA G). The group you start with is voluntary, so you get some really strong elite riders in the +1 group. They cant win in the elite group, so they drop down and destroy the average fun rider ... We were averaging over 40 last Wednesday.

Ideally they need a +2 group, but I dont think their are many riders with more than a PPA G who bother going now.

The Wednesday riding is always a lot tougher than the PPA Tuesday, if you are battling in the +1 group, why not give the PPA ride on Tuesdays a go?

One year as in a 12 month period. First one threw in the towel in early March.

Not to worry...there's still plenty around!

Wednesday night track session report back.

Wtf, that made any interval training session look easy. I started in the slow group and was dropped by the front bunch on lap2. The intesity was crazy, thank goodness my garmin ran out of power and I could not see my heartrate!

I will be back again to improve on the performance. ;)

The Wednesday riding is always a lot tougher than the PPA Tuesday, if you are battling in the +1 group, why not give the PPA ride on Tuesdays a go?

Bloody Hell, after last night I think I also want to try Tuesday nights! :P

The +1 group was catching the scratch group for the first lap or two.. AT least the tail end of scratch (30+ riders) seemed to be closer after the third lap, there may have been a smaller breakaway up front.

Why dont these +1 riders ride in scratch if they are so strong? They are killing all new interest in the racing as any newbie just gets blown away by the intensity and does not bother to come back.

An elite rider should not need to be in +1 ... and they are, since the bikes still have the PCS number boards on them!

There are no real tactical rules for racing around killarney, why dont you just let the elite +1 riders go? You dont have to stay with them. Form you own group and ride at your own pace.

I dont think it is "killing all new interest in the racing" either - you go to killarney expecting it to be hard and intense (bloody hard last night :cursing:).

If any new people feel that it is just to hard, there is always the more chilled Tuesdays.

If you sitting in the bunch on a Tuesday and you feel it is to slow, there is nothing stopping you from picking up the pace and gunning it!