Bike Setup

Wannabe

Where else, except Cycle Lab, can I go to have a decent bike setup done and where the price is not too high?

Edited by Wannabe

Yeah, im interested in this too, but in JHB. Only know of Cyclefit and the BG Fit.

I've had a set-up with cyclefit 2 times (MTB) and I was each time pleased by the result and professional attitude. I would recommend it.

Bike setup has become rather expensive, and I dare say, not always accurate.

I've had two and the measurments were worlds apart.

In the end, I went back to the simple inseam formula and a comfortable reach.

If you are keen to have a fit, most of the larger stores offer some sort of computerised fit similar to that of Cyclelab (try CWC, Olympic, WE Bike and JOC).

Otherwise, ERGO FIT advertised on the Hub not so long ago: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/85448-ergofit-bike-fitment/page__p__1172731__fromsearch__1#entry1172731

The other alternative is DR Swart @ the Sports Science Institute.

Edited by Thomo

Cycles Direct in Sunningdale/Parklands - they do Specialized Body Geometry fits for R350. Had one on my Zula and it has made a huge difference.

Speak to Michael

Cycles Direct in Sunningdale/Parklands - they do Specialized Body Geometry fits for R350. Had one on my Zula and it has made a huge difference.

Speak to Michael

Tx, will give them a call.

Have you used them before? How good are they?

Not for setup, but I have a high opinion of Deon.

Go and have a chat with him and see what he can offer.

Where else, except Cycle Lab, can I go to have a decent bike setup done and where the price is not too high?

Jerome Swart at the Sport Science Instutute of SA, its next to newlands, that guy is the ultimate...

You can also try renayg, he been trained by SSISA.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/95205-ergofit-bike-fitment/page__p__1289363__hl__renayg__fromsearch__1#entry1289363

:)

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Jerome Swart at the Sport Science Instutute of SA, its next to newlands, that guy is the ultimate...

You can also try renayg, he been trained by SSISA.

:)

Thanks for advice, but my wallet is still recovering from three week trip up country to go and visit the family. Working on a strict budget here.

Yeah, im interested in this too, but in JHB. Only know of Cyclefit and the BG Fit.

Go to Mike at SBR sport in sunninghill, hes great!

Thanks for advice, but my wallet is still recovering from three week trip up country to go and visit the family. Working on a strict budget here.

ah ok, makes sense, also try Cycle Centre 021 910 0251, speak to Lourens Calitz, just tell him Johan said you must give him a call. A good friend of mine and he did a setup for a few people I know and they very happy with it :)

oh yes he is situated in Edward Street opposite the KFC :)

Edited by MTB_Roadie

ah ok, makes sense, also try Cycle Centre 021 910 0251, speak to Lourens Calitz, just tell him Johan said you must give him a call. A good friend of mine and he did a setup for a few people I know and they very happy with it :)

oh yes he is situated in Edward Street opposite the KFC :)

Will call him, thanks.