V-brake bosses

RodTi

Notwithstanding the usual "didn't know people still used v-brakes" commentary - anyone know where I would be able to source 2 pairs of v-brake bosses?

For those of you who might have forgotten ( :P ) - they look something like this...

post-1360-0-75629600-1296214705.png

They are the adapters that screw into the frame/fork's v-brake slots, and are what the v-brakes themselves are bolted onto...

It suddenly occurred to me that whereas I will no doubt upgrade to discs in the coming year - until such time, I'd need to have both my frames running on v's. I therefore need 4 bosses to avoid having to swop out my current 4 between the frames...

If anyone knows of a old-skool LBS that might stock them, please shout.

Otherwise I'll probably need to pop up a Wanted ad, since presumably, there must be a few lying around in garages still??

Fanks!

Front or rear? I think rear is 10mm and front is 8mm.

Mampara - front and rear... Googled that they have different sizes - but didn't realise they were different depending on front or back - assumed it was frame specific and that all four would be the same size? :blink:

Eish.

Thanks - guess I'll be removing them and having a look...

Give Eddie from Jaynic (Somerset West) a buzz, he has a lot of old stuff lying around. I still got an old V2 (2yrs old) with the bosses on, it might fit that XCM of yours.

O, eddie is at: 021-851-4085 / 074-143-4803

I'm in Joburg, you're in Stellies, I have a set in my spares box... PM me a postal address and I'll post them... Assuming you need front and back?

Give Eddie from Jaynic (Somerset West) a buzz, he has a lot of old stuff lying around. I still got an old V2 (2yrs old) with the bosses on, it might fit that XCM of yours.

O, eddie is at: 021-851-4085 / 074-143-4803

:thumbup:

Thanks Mr. Brunson!

Will buzz Eddie, and might need to press on your number if push comes to shove!

I'm in Joburg, you're in Stellies, I have a set in my spares box... PM me a postal address and I'll post them... Assuming you need front and back?

Much obliged S@B! I'll have a chat with Eddie first, and see what can happen this side. Will need both front and back - but just want to check on sizing etc.

Will be in touch if I'm sunk!

:thumbup:

Thanks Mr. Brunson!

Will buzz Eddie, and might need to press on your number if push comes to shove!

I'm going to Franshoek Car Museam on Sunday and can drop it off if you want.

I'm going to Franshoek Car Museam on Sunday and can drop it off if you want.

Thanks Chris - but no worries, I'll see what I can get sorted first. Also - only work in the Bos, live in Paarl - where incidentally I'll be attending my own funeral mid-way through the 45km'er on Paarl Mountain on Sunday morning! :P

Will try the 2 LBS's - and will then see what my options are.

Much obliged S@B! I'll have a chat with Eddie first, and see what can happen this side. Will need both front and back - but just want to check on sizing etc.

Will be in touch if I'm sunk!

No worries, you can also do what I did, chop them off and put on some disks....

No worries, you can also do what I did, chop them off and put on some disks....

Aha - yes - unfortunately my Ti-welding skills leave much to be desired, so whereas the would be an option up front, not so much at the back! :)

Thanks Hubbers - Mr. Brunson has pointed me in the direction of a LBS that should sort me out. If the problem remains unfixable, I'll be sure to pop up another SOS!

Aha - yes - unfortunately my Ti-welding skills leave much to be desired, so whereas the would be an option up front, not so much at the back! :)

Can always turn out the bosses, and screw in CO2 cartridges... They fit perfectly, and you'll have spare air... ;)

Glad Mr Brundson could point you in the right direction. As a matter of interest, what Ti frame is it?

Can always turn out the bosses, and screw in CO2 cartridges... They fit perfectly, and you'll have spare air... ;)

Glad Mr Brundson could point you in the right direction. As a matter of interest, what Ti frame is it?

Cool beans!

Check out my gallery - have the original MTB Action review article up, and my "about me" section in my profile has a link to some recent photos!