Momsen design "Batwings"? Im not convinced

Bos

http://www.bikerumor...le-cage-holder/

Heres a link, Im my opinion I cant beleve someone is actually even considering it! Despite scratching the Anodising off any ali seatpost, It wil evensually cut your seatpost in half, I meen these cables will move, even by very little, when a full bottle is attached to frame. This will surely also void your warrentee?

post-1279-0-71726600-1296724811.jpg

It seems after youve pinched both ends of the cable as a mech would do, you screw out the red bolt which tightens it..

I have mentioned it before and they said it is is supplied with a piece if tape to go around the post. Not enough protection in my mind. I also thought it works the way Bos descibed but I can not see a screw head on the cable head. So I think you pull the wire tight around the post with a Third hand® tool and then tighten the little screw that is hidden on the side where the crimped end is.

it looks like the red part at the one cable end acts like a spoke nipple and you screw it out. i think i can see hex flats on it?

Another thing? those ali end crimps dont hole very tight anyway? as soon as you put any mechanical force, they will pull off? there must be something we are not seeing here??!!

I bought the Topeak bottle cage holder over the weekend. For R70-00 and ease of use, I can't fault it, yet.

I bought the Topeak bottle cage holder over the weekend. For R70-00 and ease of use, I can't fault it, yet.

Also using the Topeak one. Used it for a couple of races including Atta and Barberton. no problems. works perfectly

Off topic, but how do you prevent your bottle from flying out of the holder on a bumpy ride? I often lose a bottle this way.

Off topic, but how do you prevent your bottle from flying out of the holder on a bumpy ride? I often lose a bottle this way.

Get a different bottle :unsure:

Also using the Topeak one. Used it for a couple of races including Atta and Barberton. no problems. works perfectly

These are so simple and good, I saw them and then the next time wanted to buy one it was gone :( sold out. Sure I can order though.

As for the bottles falling out, Okes put string around it.

Do bottles fall out easier than normal cages because the way the bottle comes out is more in line with the direction the bumps come from?

These are so simple and good, I saw them and then the next time wanted to buy one it was gone :( sold out. Sure I can order though.

As for the bottles falling out, Okes put string around it.

Do bottles fall out easier than normal cages because the way the bottle comes out is more in line with the direction the bumps come from?

They fall out cause they dont fit the bottle cage, Ive never lost a bottle in my life.

I lost one bottle with a stupid bottle cage. Fitted one of those Specialized one. Think it is called rib cage or something similiar. works better, otherwise get one of the cheap ones you can bend to snug the bottle very tightly

Design fail :thumbdown:

Exactly, I received great service from Victor at Momsen Design when my seat post like that one snapped on a climb and cut my leg, but anymore strain on that post is a bad ideahuh.gif