LBS service levels

jonnow

So today I decided that I wanted to look for a new road bike to use for triathlon training. Nothing fancy, but still willing to spend money.

I detoured to an LBS which was slightly out of my way, as so many people on The Hub have raved about their service. This would be the third time I've been to their store. The first time I didnt get any service, so I left it as I was just browsing.

The second time I went in, wanting to buy some Giordana kit. I was in the store for 30 minutes, and again, there was still no service. But they seemed busy so I left it.

Today I was willing to drop a few more pennies and still no frigging service. Is this acceptable service? Maybe the lack of a fancy car outside put them off, or the lack of designer clothing.

Now the main question: Do i bother complaining, or go to a place where I pay a lot more for my product but get acknowledged and helped while I'm there?,

I agree with leet22, buy somewhere else, but go into the shop and tell the manager why, maybe they just unaware that there's a problem?

I think I will contact the store and let them know. Definately think I will shop elsewhere based on principle.

I'm just blown away by the lack of service when the industry took such a knock last year... Pity people don't value customer service like they used to

i gave my local lbs a chance to improve on their service, i ordered some stuff, told them there wasn't any rush, but just to keep me up to date. 2 months later not even a phone call, i had to go in to them to find out what's happening. crc took 2 weeks and half the price... no more lbs for me.

I don't want to name and shame until I have spoken to the manager. If nothing is done, then I will name and shame. Wouldn't want that done to my business, so I need to give them a change to sort it out

I don't want to name and shame until I have spoken to the manager. If nothing is done, then I will name and shame. Wouldn't want that done to my business, so I need to give them a change to sort it out

Respect :thumbup:

Edited by CWC Online

So why dont you just ask somebody that works at the shop to help you. Why must people always break there legs running after customers? If it is at my bikeshop then i would be dissapointed. Speak to the manager as it has been the 3rd time.

Do business the New Yorker way - that is direct - walk up to the salesman and tell him exactly what you want to know or buy! Then, if he seems unable or unwilling to help you, go elsewhere and take your money with you. To just wait and hope that someone will come up to you and offer meaningful help is a bit much to expect locally. In other words, simply demand great service with your own attitude. You will be helped surprizingly well while the invisible guy will be ignored. Try it.

Edited by DJR

the bike shop employs people in order to assist customers and make sales, why then should the customer have to find a salesperson? How hard is it for a salesman to just say "be with you in a sec" if he's busy or ask if he can help? Well done for giving the manager a head's up though.