Litespeed Sewanee Rubbish

lagosloonie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

STILL NO JOY.. ............ THEY CLAIM TO BEING NICE AND OFFER ME A NEW BIKE TO PURCHASE FOR 2000+ USD PLUS SHIPPING.

They offered me the same - i nearly fell over laughing.

• 3 weeks later...

its hard for me to believe this could have happened from riding, I have had a sewanee for 5 yrs and a Obed hardtail before that for 12 years. They both have been ridden hard and never a dent. Litespeed should fess up to a manufacturing defalt.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found a company in Cape Town that can do titanium welding - MCR Welding, Unit 11 Rosbur Park, Carlisle Street in Paarden Eiland. Speak to Mark on 021 510 0933. He says he does many bicycles - he can do aluminium frames as well. Unfortunately he cannot find any titanium sheet of the type used for the Sewanee frame, so he has just welded the cracks and closed a hold he put in the centre of the tube where he made a tentative attempt to pull the dent out. I am now looking for a scrap titanium frame i can use to form a 'semi-tube' over the dented area.

post-19811-0-24497300-1304948766.jpg