EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

So basically he was hoping Liquigas would continue in the sport if Sagan is signed and secured.?

Nibs, apparently, also renewed his contract.

:thumbup:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amper Stamper, Nibs!

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2012/04/nibali-attacks-556x421.jpg

Has this been announced officially or was it just the commentaters talking about rumours.

Its unthinkable that we will not have Phil talking about Leaky Gas from next year !!

Has this been announced officially or was it just the commentaters talking about rumours.

Its unthinkable that we will not have Phil talking about Leaky Gas from next year !!

:D - True.!

Blast from the past: 2007 LBL win for the team with Danilo Di Luca.

The year I started cycling.

http://cdn0.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2012/04/20/1/danilo_di_luca_2007_600.jpg

"I wanted to dispel any doubts a day early because my hope and desire to do the Giro are great," Basso said. "I worked so hard to prepare for this event, doing extra work that has kept me anxious to the last. But now I have the confidence to fight for the pink jersey: I'm delighted to say that I'll be there."

Basso's preparation for the Giro has been hampered this spring by a knee injury suffered at Paris-Nice, followed by a crash at Volta a Catalunya which aggravated the injury. Basso is currently in 30th overall at the Tour de Romandie, 35 seconds behind leader Luis Leon Sanchez (Rabobank) in advance of tomorrow's concluding stage - a 16.5km individual time trial.

Basso will be supported at the Giro by a strong cadre of five climbers - Valerio Agnoli, Eros Capecchi, Damiano Caruso, Cristiano Salerno and Sylvester Szmyd - while Maciej Bodnar, Paolo Longo Borghini and Fabio Sabatini will round out the nine-man roster.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by Puncheur

Nice lil' 1-2 for the team in Frankfurt.

Moreno Moser claims his 2nd PRO win.

Interestingly, Tony Martin was also there. Racing for the 1st time since his crash with a car during a training ride and showing good initiative with an attack at some point.

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2012/05/01/1/bettiniphoto_0108928_1_full_600.jpg

Basso will be supported at the Giro by a strong cadre of five climbers - Valerio Agnoli, Eros Capecchi, Damiano Caruso, Cristiano Salerno and Sylvester Szmyd - while Maciej Bodnar, Paolo Longo Borghini and Fabio Sabatini will round out the nine-man roster.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Three strong climbers there, my feeling is they will be baby sitting Basso at the back when Szmyd, especially, could be a potential podium finisher.

oi, oi, oi

Just read that Nibs is still considering offers from BMC and Astana which is about 500 000 Euro more than his current Liquigas package.

He is at home, chilling, thinking about his future.

:wacko:

Stage 1 of the Giro and Basso shows some good form relative to other GC contenders.

Early days though.

However, this result does reflect some good news.

BAD NEWS !!

Nibali to leave liquigas.

WWW.CYCLINGNEWS.COM

Hmm, yeah, well bad for Liquigas maybe, as it only really leaves them with Basso for the grand tours, they have a great talent in Szmyd I think, but not sure he is ready to compete for a podium at that level just yet, likewise Sagan.

I wonder where he will go, I am guessing Astana? He and Kreuziger were a great combination and Astana seems to have pretty full pockets right now.

It's a blue Monday for this fan...

:wacko:

Know how you feel !!

I really thought he was going to stay.