Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only get better with time Rich...much much better!

The GC is an awesome ride!

Not too much climbing to be a killer and it's a brilliant ride down and through the donga before you hit the River again.

one can really push up your HR and stretch your lungs a bit... Do that last little section just after dropping down the fast decent... It's pretty much Granny Gear the whole way.

Quick question on the GC route.

After passing the church and going on the rocky single track, there is a split and a sign on the left saying novice, but the arrow is on the right, which should a novice take?

Quick question on the GC route.

After passing the church and going on the rocky single track, there is a split and a sign on the left saying novice, but the arrow is on the right, which should a novice take?

On the descent , the split I think you're referring to , is where, if you turn left you'll do the pretty tough new loop, so stick right.

Edited by L.T.G

Thanks. I went right, but it was seriously technical for a novice.

If you found that a bit rough going, then stick the River, Railway and Pumphouse routes for now Rich. But it's worth roughing it.. I was the same 3 years ago , thought the GC was nuts.. But the more you do it, the better..and more fun it becomes.

Thanks, I will do those a little bit first and maybe throw a GC in every now and then.

and a bit of DaggaPad... ( enduring The Concrete Road is worth it!!.. even if you have to walk it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder that certain routes are off limits unless you're a participant on the 30th of June.

http://www.thehubsa....n-participants/

Hey LTG, I'd like to join you guys on your next ride out at VG... when will your next ride be...? I'm really keen to ride there but don't know the place and don't want to go venture alone... thx Q

All I can say is WOW :drool: . Next weekend is definitely going to be a VG weekend but it does mean getting out on the spruit a bit more during the next week. I really just need to pick up my training regime again -_-

All I can say is WOW :drool: . Next weekend is definitely going to be a VG weekend but it does mean getting out on the spruit a bit more during the next week. I really just need to pick up my training regime again -_-

Just remember at VG you can do all sorts of riding from the easiest flat rides to absolute lung busting monster rides and everything in between! That's the beauty of the place... the choice is yours of how you want to puzzle the routes together.

get out there and have fun this weekend Mike :thumbup:

oh and the weather will be A LOT better then that of yesterday's :clap:

Just remember at VG you can do all sorts of riding from the easiest flat rides to absolute lung busting monster rides and everything in between! That's the beauty of the place... the choice is yours of how you want to puzzle the routes together.

get out there and have fun this weekend Mike :thumbup:

oh and the weather will be A LOT better then that of yesterday's :clap:

Just a small bit of info for you. My forum name is the first 3 letters of my name using the phonetic alphabet since I could not register using my name when I did register.

Well looking at the weekend I am going to hit the trails on saturday and possibly join the JMBC for their ride on the sunday as well (If I can get a permit to get out of my suburb since the 702 is closing off all the roads :cursing: )

Flat riding, single track, some technical...i dont mind climbs, and any distance below 60kms to start with... Happiness!!!

Just a small bit of info for you. My forum name is the first 3 letters of my name using the phonetic alphabet since I could not register using my name when I did register.

Well looking at the weekend I am going to hit the trails on saturday and possibly join the JMBC for their ride on the sunday as well (If I can get a permit to get out of my suburb since the 702 is closing off all the roads :cursing: )

Lol good to know Damian... You have my number... Loking fwd to the ride!!