powerlink for xt 10 speed

wapad

what type of powerlink can be used on the xt 10 speed as am assuming that the sram 9 spd cant be used

I was told i had to use the snap on one that requires a tool to remove

is this true

sram 10speed link can be used , but it cant be removed by hand like the 9speed one . a tool is required. I would just suggest using a normal 10speed shimano pin ( buy a bag of them ).

sram 10speed link can be used , but it cant be removed by hand like the 9speed one . a tool is required. I would just suggest using a normal 10speed shimano pin ( buy a bag of them ).

Then you would have to keep breaking the chain every time you want to take if off, that is a just silly.

I remove my chain once a week!!!

Get the 10 speed Sram links, the can be removed using normal pliers.

You can also use a 9 speed link on a 10 speed chain. It is much easier to remove and can be done by hand because the link is slightly wider than the chain. But I would not recommend this for everyday use, only for emergencies to get you home if you can find nothing but a 9 link.

YBN makes 10 speed quicklinks. I've been using them on my road bike for over 18 months now. Get them from Kiwi on www.planet-x-bikes.co.za

I used a Dura Ace 10 speed for a month or two but then it started jumping on the casette.

Shimano's attempt at a quicklink did not quite work and the stopped production on them :(

Only reason I wanted another one, it was so easy to remove, no tools needed!

Might have to try these YBN ones, you are the second one to refer to them Mampara

I use the YBN one on my 10-speed shimano groupie, havnt taken the chain of yet as I got it a few days ago when doing my rebuild...