General Prices

Garfield2010

Guys, I am not here to take out a specific bike shop.... I would however like to test your feeling on which shops are more affordable.

Yesterday I paid the following:-

- 1 gas bomb = R22 (Does cycle lab not advertise these for R10?)

- 1 sachet of 32 GI waterbottle mix - = R24

- 1 Gu Roctane Gel = R32

Are these prices in line?

That's very expensive for a bomb. I don't buy the other stuff. Yes you can get bombs from around R10. Yes at Cycle Lab.

If you have time - always worth shopping around. Of the eight bike shops within 10km of my house I spend the most at Solomons Woodmead followed by Cycle Lab and then Cycle Fountain. I get my USN products from Hyperama - usually cheaper than both Dischem and Makro.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I am not here to take out a specific bike shop.... I would however like to test your feeling on which shops are more affordable.

Yesterday I paid the following:-

- 1 gas bomb = R22 (Does cycle lab not advertise these for R10?)

- 1 sachet of 32 GI waterbottle mix - = R24

- 1 Gu Roctane Gel = R32

Are these prices in line?

Was just asked to pay R25 a bomb from my LBS :( Anyone know where to get them cheaper? Are the really R10 a bomb at cyclelab?

Edited by Caerus

Was just asked to pay R25 a bomb from my LBS :( Anyone know where to get them cheaper? Are the really R10 a bomb at cyclelab?

Threaded or un-threaded? I get un-threaded at 10 for R100. Not at the lab, dunno their prices, but at the place that I get my Gammo stuff from.

Threaded or un-threaded? I get un-threaded at 10 for R100. Not at the lab, dunno their prices, but at the place that I get my Gammo stuff from.

Threaded. Whats the difference besides that one has a thread and the other doesn't?

Threaded. Whats the difference besides that one has a thread and the other doesn't?

The threaded ones screw into the inflator, un-threaded ones wont work in that system... I use un-threaded in my target shooting guns, and my bike, so it's easy for me.

Edited by TNT1

The threaded ones screw into the inflator, un-threaded ones wont work in that system... I use un-threaded in my target shooting guns, and my bike, so it's easy for me.

So no benefit in having either one.

So no benefit in having either one.

The benefit for me is that I use un-threaded on the bike and for target practice...

But as for benefit of one over the other for your bike, I have no clue.

Edited by TNT1

Are you all comparing the same size bombs here as they come in 12gr and 16gr?

The LBS ones were 16gr, either way their prices are crazy expensive, even cyclelab are 16gr bombs are R10 & CWC are also R10 for 16g.

i paid r10 from cyclelab, threaded.

but if thats too expensive, there is a guy at my office that makes them for free!!! :lol: :lol:

R10 for 16gr is very cheap.When i had my pellet gun we were a few guys that used to order 100 at a time off Ebay and it worked out about that each.

R10 for 16gr is very cheap.When i had my pellet gun we were a few guys that used to order 100 at a time off Ebay and it worked out about that each.

Come too think of it they should have some sort of re-fillable ones.

Yup.

Only ploblem there is that GAMMO don't do freaded. Otherwise that would be 'da bomb :D