Price Terrorists!

Nic0000

Oh. I don't have that problem. I'm so cheap, I should have been an Indian. I negotiate on everything.

Wanna bargain a price on a pair of used slops.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's yout take on the "not negotiable" price?

Buying and selling always involve a degree of negotiation, so it is a bit strange when For Sale posts are labelled NOT NEGOTIABLE - I often wonder whether it is a selling technique to make the goods seem very valuable and if it is, whether it actually works.

One often sees a NOT NEG seller eventually accepting an offer ............ to save face, I suppose the offer accepted will be a pm.

Edited by Java001

Wanna bargain a price on a pair of used slops.

I'll buy you a six pack of pink drinks, as soon as you tell me where the masonic is again...

I'll buy you a six pack of pink drinks, as soon as you tell me where the masonic is again...

We dont do pink drinks Bob, keep it real.

What's your take on the "not negotiable" price?

OR how is this for a variation of the NOT NEGOTIABLE technique !

The hubber indicates "no pressure to sell", bumps it daily and gives no indication that he is willing to negotiate .....

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/95631-f-o-r-s-a-l-e-raleigh-team-carbon-with-sram-force/page__st__140

8 pages, 153 posts, not a single serious offer ! eish

Edited by Java001

Buying and selling always involve a degree of negotiation, so it is a bit strange when For Sale posts are labelled NOT NEGOTIABLE - I often wonder whether it is a selling technique to make the goods seem very valuable and if it is, whether it actually works.

One often sees a NOT NEG seller eventually accepting an offer ............ to save face, I suppose the offer accepted will be a pm.

Disagree here. I put non-negotionable because I don't want people wasting my time with lower offers (although you still get them). I know what I want and what the item is worth and won't accept less for it. If however time is a factor and I need to sell something quickly, its a different story.

I've never had a problem selling something at the price I've asked (have had people try their luck by saying its too much), but just stuck to my guns.

Often tend to sell stuff too cheap (when you advertise on gumtree and within 10 minutes you have 5 people who definitely want it, its too cheap). But then thats just me.

I generally dont post anyway with room for negotiation, I will put up my stuff at a better than fair price and you can take it or leave it. I dont like haggling nor do i have the time to haggle.

Sorry :o I'll even pay for the postage to get rid of them :lol:

I'll swop you one very very worn in pair of Birkenstocks.

Disagree here. I put non-negotionable because I don't want people wasting my time with lower offers (although you still get them). I know what I want and what the item is worth and won't accept less for it. If however time is a factor and I need to sell something quickly, its a different story.

I've never had a problem selling something at the price I've asked (have had people try their luck by saying its too much), but just stuck to my guns.

Often tend to sell stuff too cheap (when you advertise on gumtree and within 10 minutes you have 5 people who definitely want it, its too cheap). But then thats just me.

I generally dont post anyway with room for negotiation, I will put up my stuff at a better than fair price and you can take it or leave it. I dont like haggling nor do i have the time to haggle.

Interesting, I assumed that most sales were pitched slightly above what the seller wanted i.e. Mavic Aksiums where a seller is trying for R 1500, but will accept say R1200, where the sale is then concluded when haggling or negotiation reached an acceptable level between these two points in a given period of time.

Maybe a poll to see how hubbers who sell regularly do their pricing ?

I'll swop you one very very worn in pair of Birkenstocks.

Do they come with socks?

My favourite is where the guys price negotiable and then when someone offers just below the price (An actual reasonable offer)they so no my price is already too good, I cant drop anymore... Not sure if they were hoping someone was going to negotiate upwards???

This is the Hub bud,where you can count on fellow Hubbers to point out a dodgy or overpriced sale and get the best value for your money.Wouldnt you like to know when your being takin for a ride?

When i started MTB i had no idea of prices and values on bikes and parts. Most of knowledge (?) i have accumulated comes from posts that advise a drop in price or alternatives when this/that is too expensive. In my humble opinion thehub is a place where riders help out one another as Wil6 said- so when i see something grossly overpriced- i will help out a prospective uninformed buyer AND the seller politely. :D

(Cue campfire music and guy who can't play guitar...)