Formula 1...

'Dale

Personally don't think Rosberg did it on purpose. He is a good driver, but lacks that killer instinct. Michael S on the other hand... That said, he is still my favourite for the world championship this season. Lewis, on the other hand, is acting a bit like a child at the moment. If he did it on purpose, the FIA will take action. No need to act the way he currently is doing. He is showing that same mental immaturity that has plagued him over the last couple of years at McLaren. It is all a mind game and I suspect that, given his past behaviour, Lewis will come of second best to Rosberg (even though Lewis is arguably a 'better' driver).

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No comments about Monaco? With ole Hamster at his toy-throwing best? Will be interesting to see how that evolves, but was inevitable in a dominant team... FWIW, I think it was an honest mistake on Rosberg's side... and with him having taken to the escape road - and thus off the track - yellow flags may have even been an overkill. But... up in S1 around Monaco with potential of other traffic and plenty of turns to get something small wrong does not guarantee you pole!

Anyways, think it was a good drive by Nico, managing the pressure from behind. Pity the safety car intervened with any potential strategy calls, but they should know it's Monaco and the odds of one is good.

Good show from Riciardo in the end, but too little too late. Vettel is having a mare of a season thusfar - wonder if one of his helmet designs did not feature a 13, an upside down horse shoe or something.

Bad luck for Kimi... and then that overtaking move which was a bit desperate. Alonso kept it on the track and both of these guys will be desperate for the upgrades. Vergne did well untill he was released too early - and then it all went up in smoke anyways after that.

Bianchi getting points for Marussia, wow! But driver of the day for me was Hulk - that overtake on Magnussen was great! Really impressive drive and... again, I cannot understand why somebody like Ferrari did not pick him ahead of Kimi. Really feel he deserves a top drive.

Reminds me of the frosty days between Alonso and Hamster, as teammates, a while ago.

Brrrrrrr

Would've commented but I had something in my eye...............

I feel I need to elaborate.

I think the incident with Rosberg was unfortunate but not intentional.

The Hamilton tries for 45-50laps to get the better of Rosberg and in failing makes crap excuses about debris in his eye. Very poor form, wingeing Brit!!!! Hope Rosberg gets some pep in his step and duffs him up proper at Nurburg at his "home" race.

Ja, just as I've started to think he may be okayish after his intro a couple of years ago, he goes back to this behaviour. The guy is very talented... but his whole the-world-owes-me attitude sucks. Half of the crappy overtaking rules and reviews and guys getting penalties because of actually trying an overtaking move that did not come off, was because of his stunts. Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Germany is one thing... I'd love it if somebody else wins... at Silverstone! :w00t: Not only to get him quiet, but also the commentators. I think they're part of why I'm so anti-Brit...

Would've commented but I had something in my eye...............

Between that and Saturday's "off" I'd say the eye was a bigger lye. (See what I did there?)

1. I feel like I want to sheet my pants and those of everyone around me every time Hamilton likens HIMSELF to Senna. Like wtACTUALf.

2. I get the disappointment and passion and all the rest, but Lewis is acting like a bigger and bigger chop every race weekend and mic opportunity he gets.

3. Fine Lewis, blow your fuse, but then also tell the whole world you went against team orders and turned your engine settings up in a race in order to stay ahead of your team mate (who's still running the leaner settings and still manages to catch you).

4. Criticize your team on team radio and to the media when you finish second and managed 5 straight 1-2 finishes is bound to irritate the guys working day and night to ensure you finish 1-2.

Chop I tell, ya.

Lewis has the raw talent and incredible speed, but if he carries on like this chances are he's going to make winning a 2nd title difficult for himself.

What do you guys make of the whole story about how poor Hamilton was growing up and then also bringing up the fact that Rosberg was so priveliged, etc, etc.

As far as I know Hamilton was anything but poor growing up!!! I mean to get to F1 you need to go through the regular route of karting, formula 3000, etc and that is far from a cheap scenario!!

What do you guys make of the whole story about how poor Hamilton was growing up and then also bringing up the fact that Rosberg was so priveliged, etc, etc.

As far as I know Hamilton was anything but poor growing up!!! I mean to get to F1 you need to go through the regular route of karting, formula 3000, etc and that is far from a cheap scenario!!

Cry me a river, is what I say! Had to laugh at all the boohah about his poor background and "wanting it more", only to be beaten.

Maybe not the richest kid out there ever, but it's like me saying I come from a disadvantaged background cause my Dad didn't have a million bucks to send me to Harvard!

What's also interesting is Lewis saying he was a "couple of tenths / two tenths / two and a half tenths" up (depending on the the time of the interview) when the data clearly shows he wasn't and he would've known that from his info screen.

What's also interesting is Lewis saying he was a "couple of tenths / two tenths / two and a half tenths" up (depending on the the time of the interview) when the data clearly shows he wasn't and he would've known that from his info screen.

Exactly, and that was with the final sector still to come where he was far from the on the pace, being his worst sector.

Anyway, hope the Red Bulls can just find something to compete because this Mercedes dominance is really making for boring racing.

This is really poor, cause now Hamilton is acting like a spoilt child in the post-qualifying interviews. What do you guys think? Bit of a poor move by Rosberg, or simply a racing error?

Funny thing was Rosberg locked up in the same spot a number of times during the race and each time was able to make the turn... I fear he learnt a few too many tricks from Schumi....

As for Hami - I kind of agree he looked like a bit of a twat - but that is how he is, he wears he's heart on his sleave and he genuinely believes he was wronged.

He will come back strong in Canada - but will need to guard against alienating ze germans in charge at merc. I only vant to hear vun click, and all.

Edited by dracs

Montreal this weekend. Should be another interesting one. Renault said they will be on full power, Ferrari bringing a major upgrade package, McLaren claiming the circuit will suit their car, Lotus say they will suffer with theirs.

Could be a turning point for many in terms of further development of their 2014 car or turning their eyes towards 2015.

Montreal this weekend. Should be another interesting one. Renault said they will be on full power, Ferrari bringing a major upgrade package, McLaren claiming the circuit will suit their car, Lotus say they will suffer with theirs.

Could be a turning point for many in terms of further development of their 2014 car or turning their eyes towards 2015.

2 Mercedes DNF's would be nice..........

Perhaps Rosberg can introduce Hamilton to the wall of champions sometime over the weekend.