GARMIN CONNECT

SFDT

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

click on import, where is it pointing to?

(might be a stupid question, but your usb ant stick is in and your 310 connected?)

post-4352-0-98692200-1301563860.jpg

click on import, where is it pointing to?

(might be a stupid question, but your usb ant stick is in and your 310 connected?)

post-4352-0-98692200-1301563860.jpg

post-18048-0-49774300-1301564742.jpg

I installed version 2, I see a lot of "older" Garmin devices in the list to import from but not mine or any other new ones. I don't see a plugin to support the new ones.

Is the 310 making use of the new file system .FIT? (same as edge 500 & 800)

Then you would have to convert the files from FIT to gpx or tcx using Training Centre before you can import when using version 2.1

Version 3 might be a better option for you then.

Your brower is pointing to the right device ... but I think you need to specify the path to the correct activities

As you can see mine above, the Edge 500 is seen as a separate drive and the activities are found in the following folders Garmin > Activities (loads of .FIT files in this folder)

Connect to your device and try and find the folder with the .FIT files.

Otherwise I can connect to your pc and try and try and help you out - PM me for this.

Edited by Tankman

the 310 does not show up as a device on the PC like the 500 does. I can upload to Garmin Connect then export as a fit or gpx or whatever then import into ST

Ok, still learning about the 310, bear with me.

If it does not show as device or drive, how do you know it is connected to the PC?

My next suggestion was to click on the

Import and then click on the folder to specify the path and not to select the 310 by clicking on the garmin watch with the list of devices.

But if it does not show ,,,, (scratching head)

Ok, still learning about the 310, bear with me.

If it does not show as device or drive, how do you know it is connected to the PC?

My next suggestion was to click on the

Import and then click on the folder to specify the path and not to select the 310 by clicking on the garmin watch with the list of devices.

But if it does not show ,,,, (scratching head)

When I come back from a ride and walk in my office it vibrates and says "transferring data", When it vibrates again it is done, then I go look on Garmin Connect and my ride is there.

Clever little things these hey!

So this all happens via blue tooth then? Your pc is connected to the net and your blue tooth is on the whole time?

At some stage somewhere your pc must see the device? (that is the point that interests me!)

Otherwise how is it going to know it needs to connect and upload to the web?

Clever little things these hey!

So this all happens via blue tooth then? Your pc is connected to the net and your blue tooth is on the whole time?

At some stage somewhere your pc must see the device? (that is the point that interests me!)

Otherwise how is it going to know it needs to connect and upload to the web?

The Garmin ANT+ Agent detects it and it connects direct to Garmin Connect. The other day when they had problems it wouldn't do the transfer, it does not store it on the PC at all.

The Garmin ANT+ Agent detects it and it connects direct to Garmin Connect. The other day when they had problems it wouldn't do the transfer, it does not store it on the PC at all.

Although, I am sure if I use Garmin TC it will sync directly with that

it does not store it on the PC at all.

No I didnt think it would store it on the PC but the device must be seen by the PC.

With the device close to the PC and you click on My Computer it Must be there somewhere ...?

Either as a drive or as a Blue-Tooth device ... it cant be invisible otherwise you wont be able to update any software on the device either.

It does store a copy on the PC

post-18048-0-44402300-1301586952.jpg

:clap: DC Rainmaker is the man, there you go!

So it is stored in TCX format, makes your life easier, you can use version 2.1 or 3

Now just point your SportTracks browser to follow that path and bob is your auntie!!

Edited by Tankman

:clap: DC Rainmaker is the man, there you go!

So it is stored in TCX format, makes your life easier, you can use version 2.1 or 3

Now just point your SportTracks browser to follow that path and bob is your auntie!!

That's what I'm doing to upload to ST.