BANG! Race King Bead failure

stratus5

You are welcome, but SLUDGE is not green :rolleyes: You are probably thinking of Slime! Sludge is a South African product and you should ask the LBS for Sludge, otherwise they will put any old sealant in your tyres.

I don't see how he can claim against Conti if he used a folding tyre designed to be used with tubes as tubeless for which it was not designed, even if it was not inflated to max pressure ?

Also using the scuba tank to inflate the tyre, how do you know to what pressure you are inflating it ? Scuba Gauge ?

Just be careful with Sludge. Some of them have amonia and ask Mackie how well it works with Mavic rims. Ate a hole around the valve. I even think the yellow bottle says something on it about amonia.....

Must say I laughed when I read the story. My brother in law always wants to pump the tire up to max. The one day he was holding the wheel while I was pumping the tire up, and he kept telling me I should carry on, until the tire burst off the rim right by his face. Lucky it missed me but he was covers all over his face/hair chest.... I couldn't stop laughing but I don't think he heard me as his ears were ringing so bad from the bang......

You are welcome, but SLUDGE is not green :rolleyes: You are probably thinking of Slime! Sludge is a South African product and you should ask the LBS for Sludge, otherwise they will put any old sealant in your tyres.

You are right, it was Slime Pro.

I don't see how he can claim against Conti if he used a folding tyre designed to be used with tubes as tubeless for which it was not designed, even if it was not inflated to max pressure ?

Also using the scuba tank to inflate the tyre, how do you know to what pressure you are inflating it ? Scuba Gauge ?

You dont know the pressure, but since the inflation connector is not attached to the tank you have to press the hose up against the nozzle. I cant get more than three bar in the tyre using this method.

The weak seal is self limiting. I really just need it for the initial rush of low pressure air. As the air pressure rises its impossible to keep an airtight connection.

Interesting point about the folding tyre. If you run a standard tyre tubless , does this void any guarantee?

LOL :lol: sorry i have to laugh, had exactly the same thing happen with me, and a rocket ron performance tire, as in your case i also pumped it up pretty hard then heard the most spectacular BANG, and instantly had my small rez rooms roof and curtains redecorated with joes as well as my hair and face (does not wash out of hair easy) lol needless to say the tire needed to be chucked.

so what i've now learnt is use lots of soapy water to get it to seat easier and once its seated dont keep inflating it lol

:D :D Yep Happened to me also with my rockets 2 weeks ago. valve leeked. fixed and put another sealant in and came back to my bakkie later with sealant everywhere. roof,seat,windows. A real mess. also failed at the beading. Todays pay day and getting Captain control 2 bliss.:)

All tyre sealants have ammonia as part of the content, except Sludge ALL Terrain. {sometimes also comes in a bottle marked Conti-Seal, used in Europe mostly] It is that ingredient that helps to seal the hole and it is also the ingredient responsible for making the sealant form little "super balls" in the tyre. The Sludge All Terrain uses something different and it will NOT eat away at the rim at the valve opening or form the little balls.