Motorist punched me, says cyclist

pbp2007

I'm a cyclist and I've wanted to punch other cyclists!

Most recent public holiday, I'm cycling through randburg to the DHL line on the Spruit. I'm coming up republic and crossing over Braam Fisher. Robot is green for me... no cars in sight (but again I say... robot = green for me)...

When I notice a swarm of bees (aka Club 100 riders) coming down braam fisher, taking up atleast 1 lane... possibly overflowing into 2, from Randburg towards Linden. They saw the scarcity of cars, so proceeded to enter the intersection (even though the traffic light was red for them). They then saw me... a cyclist crossing the intersection bound for a collision on their path. The did stop (kinda begrudgingly)

Maybe they thought the rule was "he who wears the tightest lycra has right of way"... or "there are more of us than of you, so us first".

Anyway, they did stop (with the front few going over the white line... hence me saying it was an unplanned stop)... as I rode past i politely said "it's still red hey" in a jesting sort of way.

I dunno exactly what they said as I proceeded to ride on, but the tone sounded hostile.

So yeah... sometimes cyclists act like tjops and deserve a punch! A n issue we've hashed out over and over again... but the incidents keep re-occuring

i guess that the same guy that rides like a dick on a bike will drive like a dick when you put him behind a steering wheel.it is not the mode of transport but the person seemingly in control who is the problem.

i guess that the same guy that rides like a dick on a bike will drive like a dick when you put him behind a steering wheel.it is not the mode of transport but the person seemingly in control who is the problem.

+ lots...

I got called some rude names yesterday by a taxi cos I didn't make space for him to drive on the wrong side of the road... the point is that there are all kinds of genital warts on the roads, and until our traffic tjops learn the rules and enforce them, all you can do is be aware.

(anyone else notice that some of the worst offenders on the roads are the cops themselves? Not sure if it's ignorance, stupidity or just plain not giving a rodent's rectum?)

I think the road rage can come from both sides as I saw this morning.

I was in my car on my way to work this morning driving towards Lanseria, on the part of the Fourways road from Muldersdrift where there are alot of roadworks going on, when I passed two roadies driving two abreast. Now I never have a problem with them doing that and I never get into that arguement about it either. They were really taking up most of the lane giving cars a very narrow space to pass. So I did what I normally do and give them a short hoot from behind just to know I'm coming past and then I would give them a wave as I drive by them.

Not this time... This was the first time I saw such an outburst by a cyclist. Telling me to f### off and pull over to name some of the thing he said. I was so shocked at the response I got that I just drove off.

To the other motorists that saw that I'm sure it's another -1 points for roadies. It's a shame, because it's cyclist like those that gives everyone else a bad name.

Anyhow, doesn't bother me much now, just thought I should share it.

Drive safe! :thumbup:

most definately, I fully agree, lets try and get taxi drivers on bicycles and see if they like it when taxis and cars ride the way they do.

I also agree that most cyclists are tjops, often riding 2 or 3 abreast and just dont care about the rules, or other road users. These are the guys that get knocked down and then make the biggest noise.

The law is definately in no ones favour, so pepper spray the bastard that tried to ride you of the road, and get the hell out of dodge