MTB becomes road racing!

Ridemyplanet

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What i don't get is this constant "us vs them" thing, roadies vs mtb'ers... what the hell?

My first bicycle was a girls bicycle when i was about 5yrs old, it was the best bike ever! I rode it around the block a thousand times every day. I got sunburnt to a crisp, blisters on my hands and neck. I just kept going with my mates. Then a bmx, holy crap, awesomeness. Road bike followed years later. Then the mountain bike. And ever since then i've always had both.

I ride bicycles. I don't care if it's a road or mountain bike. I don't care if you're a so called "roadie" or think you're some tough guy mountain biker. As long as you ride a bicycle. To me we're all cyclists.

ag I reckon it's just friendly banter at the end of the day. When tdf starts, all the "hardcore" mtb'ers are watching it, making prediction and placing bets on contador vs schleckie...and I am sure most of the roadies on thehub are watching the epic on Supersport...

The Epic was and will be broadcast live on SuperSport on 27 March and 3 April - apparently its the first time that a mountainbike stage race has ever been broadcast live.

"The Absa Cape Epic is .... the most televised mountain bike race of all time. Since its inception in 2004, the Absa Cape Epic has generated more than 10 000 hours (excluding the 2009 race) of international TV coverage in Europe, America, the Middle East and Africa"

(http://www.linkedin.com/company/absa-cape-epic)

The latter is quite impressive for a new race (except if the international TV coverage includes Supersport in other African countries with MultiChoice like Namibia and Botswana because Supersport repeats their programmes so many times it would be hard not to reach 10 000 hours :) ) .

Here are some stats for the 2009 MTB WC in Sleepy Hollow:

WC

ag I reckon it's just friendly banter at the end of the day.

Exactly, the entire thread was meant as tongue in cheek from the word go.

Jeese guy you really have mastered Talking out your POEPHOL. YOUR road racing is infested with druggies mate. Every week you hear of another top roadie eating PRIME SPANISH BEEF. Of course these guys were tainted when they got on the road bike. When last did you hear of a top And I mean top mtb rider testing positive for DRUGS. :blush: ............................. STILL WAITING. :o

Do you know how to use google? Off you go then, there's a good boy. ;)

Seriously, though, doping is rife in all sports. Even golfers and archers dope - go figure. Why does it appear that road cycling has more dopers? Because they're tested more and the powers that be aren't as good at covering it up as other federations. It all started with the Festina affair.

[Oh, yes. I know you won't believe me and will in all likelihood rudely accuse me of talking out of my 'poephol' because you don't agree with me. At least try to be civil.]

What makes you think I don't ride a mountainbike? I play for both teams ;-)

Me too. Best of both worlds - why chose only one and limit one's fun? :clap:

Why does it appear that road cycling has more dopers? Because they're tested more

I know you are trying your utmost to avoid me, but you do realise that your statement above is nonsense ?

As for the Festina affair, it was just another cover up that went south.

Edited by Dangle

Exactly, the entire thread was meant as tongue in cheek from the word go.

There is however one breed of cyclist that is lower than "slangk@k"....the SS brigade, they are out to make the rest of us feel kuk...full stop ;)

If another one comes past me on a hill where my lungs are about to pop, talking to his chommie nodoubt, I am gonna lose it ;)

There is however one breed of cyclist that is lower than "slangk@k"....the SS brigade, they are out to make the rest of us feel kuk...full stop ;)

If another one comes past me on a hill where my lungs are about to pop, talking to his chommie nodoubt, I am gonna lose it ;)

Correction, they are lower than the shadow of said manure :lol: :lol:

I know you are trying your utmost to avoid me, but you do realise that your statement above is nonsense ?

As for the Festina affair, it was just another cover up that went south.

Don't flatter yourself. You just haven't said anything that warrants a reply (until now) - especially given that - allegedly - everything you've been saying is not to be taken seriously... :P

Don't flatter yourself. You just haven't said anything that warrants a reply (until now) - especially given that - allegedly - everything you've been saying is not to be taken seriously... :P

Is that really all you have.

Try another feeble excuse.

Dangle, I'm sorry that you didn't take the time to read what I said. What could have been a fun and interesting debate has already turned nasty and I will now be withdrawing from it. All the best.

At least try and be true to your threats.

I am off to the flesh thread, much more fun there.

Is that really all you have.

Try another feeble excuse.

All I have for what? Friendly banter? No, I suck at that but I don't think I'm alone in that regard. :P

I said I wasn't going to debate with you and I didn't, hence I didn't comment on your statements about the actual topic under discussion.

At least try and be true to your threats.

See above. You're not very good at this, are you? ;)

See above. You're not very good at this, are you? ;)

Really clutching at straws aren't you http://inbalancemedical.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/smiley_yawning-300x300.jpg

Do you know how to use google? Off you go then, there's a good boy. ;)

Seriously, though, doping is rife in all sports. Even golfers and archers dope - go figure. Why does it appear that road cycling has more dopers? Because they're tested more and the powers that be aren't as good at covering it up as other federations. It all started with the Festina affair.

[Oh, yes. I know you won't believe me and will in all likelihood rudely accuse me of talking out of my 'poephol' because you don't agree with me. At least try to be civil.]

Just take a deep breath sit back and listen to yourself. you might need to be in the loo.

Step 1. Take a peace of paper.

Step 2. Google. Lets see doping in cycling or something like that.

Step 3. List all the road cyclists tainted by drugs.

Step 4. List all the mountain bikers tainted by drugs

Step 5. count and get a comparison.

Do you believe the top Xc world cup or the Marathon events are not tested?

Lastly I Agree doping is in every sport. JUST that it is RIFE!!!!! in ROAD CYCLING.

Let the retorts begin.:P :D