Mtb Night Rides - Stellenbosch

Tankman

Edit: Night Rides now in full swing!

Join us and have some fun on the Singletrack in the dark!

Thursday nights @ 18:30

leaving from the Engen at La Romantica

P.S. - no one gets left behind! :thumbup:

Edited by Tankman

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one that leaves from the Steynsrust Bridge in Somerset West at 18:00 on Tuesday nights.

Cool, where do they ride?

contact person? Ill go and check it out tomorrow night.

But I am still keen to do a night ride in Stellenbosch.

My office is in technopark so I am keen to ride in Parradyskloof Coetzenburg etc after work

Probably for around 1 and a half to two hours.

I did a night ride there last week and realized I would be f@!*ed if something happened to me all on my own in the dark, so just looking for some company!

Doesnt have to be a regular thing (awesome if it turns out that way :clap:) but for now just want to get some guys together for a ride.

Cool, where do they ride?

contact person? Ill go and check it out tomorrow night.

But I am still keen to do a night ride in Stellenbosch.

My office is in technopark so I am keen to ride in Parradyskloof Coetzenburg etc after work

Probably for around 1 and a half to two hours.

I did a night ride there last week and realized I would be f@!*ed if something happened to me all on my own in the dark, so just looking for some company!

Doesnt have to be a regular thing (awesome if it turns out that way :clap:) but for now just want to get some guys together for a ride.

i am new to the mtb sene ,but if you will wait for a rookie i am in.

You kitted out with lights Berry? There are no street lights in Coetzenberg ;)

You are welcome to join, gives you a chance to explore places you probably havent ridden before, even if you have, riding them at night never looks or feel the same!

It's a fairly skilled group but pretty laid back. I think they normally ride on the R44 to Eden. Climb to the top and then do most of the singletrack and G-Spot. Lights are definitely required. Not too sure who the organiser is but all are welcome.

It's a fairly skilled group but pretty laid back. I think they normally ride on the R44 to Eden. Climb to the top and then do most of the singletrack and G-Spot. Lights are definitely required. Not too sure who the organiser is but all are welcome.

Thanks Big JD, will go and check it out ... also have some new lights I wanna test out ;)

Ill hook up with them for a ride but maybe next time meet them in stellenbosch ... my mtb is allergic to the R44 and tarmac :lol:

I will join you in a week or two. I just need to recover after the Epic.

Well done bud, what an achievement! See you in a while!

You kitted out with lights Berry? There are no street lights in Coetzenberg ;)

You are welcome to join, gives you a chance to explore places you probably havent ridden before, even if you have, riding them at night never looks or feel the same!

my light is the one i do road riding in the morning do i need something bigger

my light is the one i do road riding in the morning do i need something bigger

If it is one of those flashy single led lights that is there just to warn motorist that you are on the road ... then yes you need something bigger. We are talking night ride here ... not before it gets dark ride :lol:

If it is one of those flashy single led lights that is there just to warn motorist that you are on the road ... then yes you need something bigger. We are talking night ride here ... not before it gets dark ride :lol:

no its a light for me to see ,4 in the morning it is dark, but let me go and see what i can get then i dont have to switch every day

If it serves you at 4am, I am sure it will be good enough at night. Dont worry about getting a new light just yet .. I have a backup light that you can use if yours is not bright enough.

You just dont want to be guessing if what you are seeing is a rock, a shadow or a moerse gat when going downhill at 50km/h. Sometimes you cant do anything but guess, but you want to eliminate the guess work as much as possible ;)

Edited by Tankman

If it serves you at 4am, I am sure it will be good enough at night. Dont worry about getting a new light just yet .. I have a backup light that you can use if yours is not bright enough.

You just dont want to be guessing if what you are seeing is a rock, a shadow or a moerse gat when going downhill at 50km/h. Sometimes you cant do anything but guess, but you want to eliminate the guess work as much as possible ;)

so when you want to try this i am on blaauklippen so we can meet at engen let me know :D

Possibly Thursday otherwise next week ... lets see if there are any more interest.

Funnily enough I had the Engen in mind as the meeting spot!

Possibly Thursday otherwise next week ... lets see if there are any more interest.

Funnily enough I had the Engen in mind as the meeting spot!

we meet there in the mornings