Northern Suburbs to CBD (Western Cape)

Nobody

Looking to join somebody or someone to join me commuting from as close as Bothasig to town. I stay In Panorama so can meet up anywhere along the way.

My basic route is down Bosmansdam till Koeberg, then over Koeberg to Otto Du Plessis to get onto the cycle path.

I feel uncomfortable doing this route on my own and hate driving in.

As Frail to join you, dont know if he commutes that way but he is always looking for an excuse to ride is bike :D

I was waiting for a few more responses before I PM him.

I think he rides weird hours though.

Whats wrong with commuting that route? I dont personally do it, but on my Chappies ride (From Edgemead), I do that exact route, never had any problems along there.

I am a woes. The traffic looks manic there and even in the car I wonder if I am being a bit silly to commute that route. Do you go through the inetersections at about 6:45? Its total chaos.

I have met a couple of riders and they say no issues but I dont, like riding on my own if I can avoid it.

Undersstandable, LOTS of traffic out there. The onyl realy place that you would need your wits about you is going over Bosmansdam past C City! That is the ONLY plave I get a little nervous. Take the left and go through "Rugby (or whatever the area is called opposite Red Fern Lables), and exit onto Koeberg next to the Nissan Centre.

Then its a hop over the traffic lights and on to the bicycle lane on Otto Du Plessis. The cycle lane from there is easy nice and easy stuff (just hold your nose goign through the back of Paarden Eiland (communal toilet for those that sleep under the stars). Otherwise you will be all fine. If I worked in town, that would be my route in the mornings, as I do this route on my weekend training rides :thumbup:

Definately going to start commuting in from Durbanville, could always hook up with you if we keep to time slots :-) will first have to do the route a few times to establish best times to ride it and riding times.. but I reckon the busier, the safer actually. Visibility and a bell is key!!

Definately going to start commuting in from Durbanville, could always hook up with you if we keep to time slots :-) will first have to do the route a few times to establish best times to ride it and riding times.. but I reckon the busier, the safer actually. Visibility and a bell is key!!

Let me know when you want to start. I can come down the road and meet you near Burgundy estate if thats your route. The guy from rapid sports is from there somewhere and commutes everyday i think.

I normally cycle from B'fell, Start about 5h40 and in town at about 7 = 32km into town.

Can you go through the Harbout Entrace at the Parrden Eiland side?

I know about a quiet turn off, just after Century City, you turn left and pass infront of that soccer club, I think there is also a vodacom signal tower.

You then go over Koeberg Rd at the bottom and go straight down till you get the bridge in beach road.

Than you should be able to pop on the bicycle lane.

Can you go through the Harbout Entrace at the Parrden Eiland side?

Yes you can.

What time u commuting Nobody?

I have to be at work at 6ish so I leave about 5:30 then get to work at 6:10 unless its windy then :(

I ride from Royal Ascot on the beast.

use the cycle lane from Paddocks or Woodbridge Island. I was told that we NOT allowed to ride through there. Cyclist seem to go through all the time though.

Leet22 you ride from Royal Ascot everyday?

I usually commute with Hairy and this is why I need to get to the cycle lane.

Popeye, you cycle this route everyday? I tried riding with you once but you are strong and very fit and I couldnt keep up. (YAY that means training for me :))

Well today was the first day I used the motorbike in 6 months. otherwise its everyday but need to start taking a break inbetween so the body can rest. commuting and riding days off is not working to well.

:unsure:

nobody, No ,I'm not in that shape.I was off the bike for 9months.

I'm starting on Monday again, if it is not raining.

I'm going to ride the route on Sunday to check and get use to it again.