Sani2C entry procedure, fair or unfair???

rcc1

Yeah so maybe I am a little miffed that once again I have not been able to crack the nod to the Sani2C and as such this post may reflect just a "little" disappointment on my side!! But in all honesty I need to ask the question, is the current entry procedure fair to all of us who long to experience what is rated as one of the greatest stage races around? This is not a dig at the organisers cause I believe they have done an incredible job to make this a race that is so sought after, however I do believe the current entry procedure should be looked at to make this race more accessible to the rest of us. If there is anyone out there that can explain the logic behind the current process I would really value an explanation (i.e. last years entries get first option for the following year)

Perhaps we should put together a list of ideas which can then be presented to the organisers to try and make the race more accessible e.g. how about running the event all over again the following week with a first come first serve policy (Perhaps the entry fee to the following weeks event can be increased to alleviate the burden on the sponsors? I for one know that I will be happy to pay a premium as long as I can get to experience this race and the beautiful settings that the race takes place in)

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on the matter!

You have no right to do the race, why should it be accessible?

I think the system is fine, and it sure does create demand. i also applaud them for keeping it good value, when it should be so tempting to increase the fee.

What i think would work quite well is to open an extra 20 spots on a silent auction once the initial spaces are gone. Then if you really want to do it, betaal. the extra cash can go to charity.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

buy a subary, you say? that makes it far more expensive than epic...

all that said, can not wait for the 19th and see what all this fus is about. :)

Don't expect TOO much. There is a lot of hype and yes considering the numbers it is well organized but it is a mountain bike race with a sweet on the pillow. The mattress isn't thicker, the tent isn't bigger and the toilets aren't cleaner. The hype around S2C is like the Argus. It is not the most difficult, longest, prettiest ect. It is just a 'must do'. The Argus because it is the worlds largest timed cycling event and the S2C because it is considered by most as the father of MTB stage racing. Oh and the jacket is cool ;)

But as some have said, there are others out there. Some even beter value for money.

BTW I have no problem with regulars getting first dibs. I expect the same from my favourite stage race and would be pissed if I did not get in after supporting them year after year.

Just got an entry after being on the waiting list for 3 years - so the system does work - just hang in there :clap:

When did they let you know? Does it mean that if they haven't let me know I'm not in? :(

When did they let you know? Does it mean that if they haven't let me know I'm not in? :(

Not sure - got an e-mail on Wednesday