Thanks to The Rangers of Rietvlei Farm and ER 911 para medics

MTB0007

Hi ..

I wanted to say a massive thanks to the Rangers of Rietvlei Farm in Alberton and the Para Medics of ER 911 ~ Alberton..

Yesterday while riding Rietvlei.. A tree took me on .. Me = 0 .. Tree = 1..

I snapped my leg like a twig just above the ankle..

I was in the middle of the "Forrest" section near the river..

Luckily my beautiful wife was able to contact er911 .. She rode back to meet them..

They arrived within minutes..

They were great .. Settled me .. Splinted the leg.. Then they had to carry my 96kg on the stretcher

The 3km back thru the forest to the closest road for the ambulance.. The Rietvlei Ranges helped my wife with the bikes..

Thanks all you guys .. You are real inspirations..

True Heroes...

I am grateful.. For your efforts and kindness..

all the best with the recovery of your leg, and that is great to hear about the support you received.

Thanks also to the. Riders who stopped and helped..

Thanks to Bella for the support .. you're the best..

that SUX!!!!!

well done paramedics! I hope you at least did some damage to the tree!!

Hope you recover well bud :thumbup:

From the wife, I also want to take this opportunity to thank the Rietvlei guys, Maxwell and Samson. These guys helped the medics finding shortcuts thru the bush, helping me with the bikes, bottles, helmets. You guys were awesome!

The medic team, Craig, Landre and Thabo; they 'trekked' thru single track, bush and forest with my husband on the strecher making him as comfortable as possible. Thank you guys.

Then each and every cyclist that stopped to help, comfort and assist. A special thanks to the gentlemen that stopped and said a prayer for speedy and full recovery of the break.

You are all rockstars!!

Thanks.. any tips for riding in a cast?dry.gif

Ride a tandem and make the wife do all the work, whilest you give all the instructions. Thats if you are talking about riding a bikedry.gif

Hello MTB0007, truley sorry to hear about your fall. I will wrap " tree your" in bubble wrap. We will also name and shame the bend so your pain will never be forgotten. Yes, we have some stars at The Vlei and they are excited to recieve your praise and thanks. So often these guys go the extra mile and it is just taken for granted.

I would once again thank Tappies Henning from Eastrand Hydraulics for donating the new steel bridges. I shudder to think how the medics would have battled to cross the river previously. All too often we want to be adventurous with the trail building and don't considder for these unfortunate incidences.Thanks Tappies, you are also our hero.

all the best for a speedy recovery. Wendell

get well soon, MTB007!

the vlei, i'll come check out the steel bridges over easter weekend - can't wait!

Hello MTB0007, truley sorry to hear about your fall. I will wrap " tree your" in bubble wrap. We will also name and shame the bend so your pain will never be forgotten. Yes, we have some stars at The Vlei and they are excited to recieve your praise and thanks. So often these guys go the extra mile and it is just taken for granted.

I would once again thank Tappies Henning from Eastrand Hydraulics for donating the new steel bridges. I shudder to think how the medics would have battled to cross the river previously. All too often we want to be adventurous with the trail building and don't considder for these unfortunate incidences.Thanks Tappies, you are also our hero.

all the best for a speedy recovery. Wendell

:clap: Well done guys - awesome effort !!

Yep - thanks again all of u..

I am having surgery tomorrow, broke the leg/ankle in 3 places and dislocated my ankle..

I messed that turn up.. - those bridges were great.. and - if all goes to plan --

I might be able to ride the excellent trails at rietvlie farm again in a few months or 3...( wife permitting)

Again - I appreciate all the assistance given at the scene..

We all ride knowing we take risks, and when we have these mishaps.. knowing there are HEROS willing to

Assist - and make sure we are ok and safe, makes all the difference ---

I am really grateful, thanks again.....:clap: :clap: :clap: