Rock Shox SID losing pressure

El Nino

I know the manual says that you need to check your pressures on your forks before every ride but how come when I pump up my forks the previous night I have lost pressure the next morning? Especially on the negative side where I lose upto 20 psi. Is there something wrong with the fork or is this normal?

That's not normal. I check mine maybe every 6months or so. Unscrew the valve core and replace it with a core from an old tube. Might be some dirt around the seal.

The one factor might be your shock pump fitting engaging the air release pin in the valve. I know on my Manitou I lose 20 psi each time I connect & disconnect the shock pump to the valve. So If I want to pump it to 180psi, I pump to 200, and then accept the loss of pressure on the disconnect.

Funny enough this is also only on my negative valve, the positive is fine.

I know the manual says that you need to check your pressures on your forks before every ride but how come when I pump up my forks the previous night I have lost pressure the next morning? Especially on the negative side where I lose upto 20 psi. Is there something wrong with the fork or is this normal?

How old is the fork, and how many K's has it done?

That's not normal. I check mine maybe every 6months or so. Unscrew the valve core and replace it with a core from an old tube. Might be some dirt around the seal.

+1 core could be loose or seal not doing its job. What happened to me before is that when you unscrew the pump, you lose a lot of air (crappy pump). It had a bigger effect on the negative because the chamber is much smaller than the positive air chamber

+1 core could be loose or seal not doing its job. What happened to me before is that when you unscrew the pump, you lose a lot of air (crappy pump). It had a bigger effect on the negative because the chamber is much smaller than the positive air chamber

Yep, I did some testing today. I lose air when I unscrew the pump. It's the pump I got with the fork. Anyone recommend a good pump?

Try borrow a pump before you buy one. It might be the seals or valve core as most pumps sound like they letting air out when you unscrew them.