THE HUB MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE?

Balsie

What is the consensus in terms of etiquette?

It's a public forum where people can make posts directly on your ad that everyone in the world can see. Sorry, but live with it. There are numerous places to post items for sale that do not allow this, go there if that is a priority.

One forum I am a member of only allows posting (ads and replies) in the classifieds if you are a paid up member of the over-arching organisation. Maybe that's a route going forward, untill then, Matt can only do so much.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't let the wise cracks get to you - no one ever pays any attention to them anyhow.

Weirdo. Half the hub membership is made up of people only here for the wise arse.

Half the hub membership is made up of people only here for the wise arse.

So you concede that even when I am talking out of my arse....it still carries wisdom :thumbup:

Dude, just state the facts of the sale (forget about bargain etc!!)

We, (i for one...) will make up our own minds if the price is bargain or not....

Whenever i see "bargain" i'm thinking to myself....why??? What is he/she not telling me? So, bottom line - advertise - let the serious buyers decide for themselves....

Clearly I am not in sales,marketing or advertising as the only reason why I put in "Bargain" as I thought it would be catchy stand out and enhance the sale :blink:

So lets just say lesson learn't fact's only! Right Balsie back to the drawing board.....

So you concede that even when I am talking out of my arse....it still carries wisdom :thumbup:

Of course. You and silly*girl, complete with her oh so pretentious trademarked user name, both. Wise arse talkers.

Balsie, the one thing that I can say is that as much as it is off-pissing when someone points out ones over-enthusiasm in pricing of goods for sale, it may be saving you from a long wait in selling your goods. i.e. If your price is unrealistic, then only an ignorant person would buy it.

But that raises the other point:

If I was ignorant, and wanting to purchase a second hand bike, I would be grateful for the "price police" as they would help me to get a fair deal.

Remember it is those same people that pass comments like, "Great deal, good luck" etc. when the offer really is good.

(as it happens, I bought a 2009 Anthem X1 last year for 12K, on the hub for my brother - now he got a bargain)

Edited by nolipoli

If I was ignorant, and wanting to purchase a second hand bike, I would be grateful for the "price police" as they would help me to get a fair deal.

Exactly the point of a forum with a classified section such as this one.

You BUNCH of GOONS

THE HUB MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE? Yes or No.

What part of YES or NO did you not GET.

He did not ask for screeds of opinion!

NO!

simple :thumbup:

Balsie, the one thing that I can say is that as much as it is off-pissing when someone points out ones over-enthusiasm in pricing of goods for sale, it may be saving you from a long wait in selling your goods. i.e. If your price is unrealistic, then only an ignorant person would buy it.

But that raises the other point:

Remember it is those same people that pass comments like, "Great deal, good luck" etc. when the offer really is good.

(as it happens, I bought a 2009 Anthem X1 last year for 12K, on the hub for my brother - now he got a bargain)

What exactly are you trying to say here? "If I was ignorant..."

What does that mean IF??

What does that mean IF??

Stop being so ignorant. :whistling:

I have learnt that post the item as is, and do not add words like ""almost new"" / bargian etc.

If someone really are interested (not the price police who always seems to be interested), they will pm you and asked more detail etc.

There is just to many wize cracks here.

good post!

state the facts.

i lean to the side that it's a public forum so let people speak their opinion. you knew people are able to comment when you posted the ad, and you posted anyway. if you are not happy with that use gumtree. as people have said, if you are happy with your price, be prepared to defend it. after looking at your ad, i think you were asking for these types of comments after you listed it as a "bargain" when its not a clear-cut bargain.

You BUNCH of GOONS

THE HUB MANNERS AND ETIQUETTE? Yes or No.

What part of YES or NO did you not GET.

He did not ask for screeds of opinion!

NO!

simple :thumbup:

Oi what part of "Would appreciate all feedback" didn't you get?...RTFS simple

My view is the knife cuts both ways like some of the guys pointed out, today they sink your ad tomorrow they save you buying something at a stupid price. The hub is known for being a sharktank when it comes to selling goods and let's face it, bicycles and components don't keep their value.

I have learnt that post the item as is, and do not add words like ""almost new"" / bargian etc.

But be sure to add "normal" or "usual" - "MTB scratches". Whatever those may be...

What does that mean IF??

...a little grumpy, are we?

Now you see what I did was use that thing called 'English grammar' with a bit of 'vocabulary', to say that some people may not know everything about everything. If I happened to not know everything about bicycles, for instance, one might say that I was ignorant (blissfully?). This is not an insult - it is merely one of the pleasures of our wonderful language i.e. take it as you want.

Dictionary.com has this to say:

ig·no·rant   

[ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPA

–adjective

lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.

lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.

uninformed; unaware.

due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.