2012 XT

AndreZA

I have had great shifting but I had to replace cables every 4 months or so to keep it running well.

I have been riding XT with Goodridge cables for more than 18 months now and no hassles.I often ride in mud and rain.

I strip them and clean and lube them about every 6 weeks.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you lube them with?

and you've not replaced outers or inners over 18 months?

what inners, plain or teflon coated?

I love my 2008 XT groupset. Not a single ghost shift, chain drop or chain suck. Brakes are awesome and have destroyed a Speed King tyre on the back in one ride. Have no problems with the hubs (stand alone hubs, not the factory built wheelsets). Will go 10spd maybe in 2013.

Do the stand alone XT hubs have a different sealing system than the factory wheel built ones? That is my main gripe with the XT hubs I have seen

Do the stand alone XT hubs have a different sealing system than the factory wheel built ones? That is my main gripe with the XT hubs I have seen

I don't know. It's the old school cup and cone design with the big rubber seal on the outside.

Stainless steel with coated cables.I clean them with Finish line degreaser and then lube them with Finish line teflon lube.

Still on original cable inner and outers.

wow not bad...

I previously had jagwire outers and I noticed that they lasted MUCH longer than the bog standard sis shimano ones...will try to get some goodridge ones...

looking at CRC I recall on my previous bike I had the goodridge cables..they really were good...will see what I can source in RSA

Stainless steel with coated cables.I clean them with Finish line degreaser and then lube them with Finish line teflon lube.

Still on original cable inner and outers.

I usually get 12 months out of my cables (continious housing) with my SRAM XO shifters (gripshift) with no cleaning and lubing required. I hardly have shifting issues ever unless conditions are REALLY wet and muddy.

very nice... but does it come in black?!

;)

http://mtb198.oneninety8llc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/xt-black-groupo.jpg

Edited by patches

Very nice, but a lot of people who seem to have their pedals close to their cranks will scuff them silver in no time.

maybe someone like Slick Graphics will make something like this for them...

post-10758-0-54733800-1310027259.jpg

colour options too... MtbBarbie will appreciate these

post-10758-0-62385300-1310027298.jpg

Edited by patches