Swimming at Linden public pool Randburg

Seeker911

Is the pool open on weekends? And any idea on times if it is?

To answer your first post, the pool was pretty cold on Sunday - 22 degrees to be exact, which is fine while you're swimming, but not easy to get into.

Hours:

Mon - Fri: 6h00 to 18h45

Sat: 7h00 to 17h45

Sun and p/holidays: 8h30 to 17h45

These times apply to summer season (Sep to Mar)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on if the pool is warmer (or not) yet?

I swam at Linden last week and it is much warmer now, it was freezing 2 weeks ago.

• 10 months later...

I was at the pool a couple of weeks ago. The water was nice, maybe just a little cool, but it was also not very warm outside so that didn't help. I was not swimming for very long at all, so i didn't have a chance to get really warmed up and if i had the water probably would have felt fine.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kind of lazy, but I am visiting for a couple of months from Canada and staying in Randburg (near Malibongwe and Rabie), if anyone nearby drives to the pool and would be interested in giving me a ride, I'd be happy to pay your pool entrance fee. I don't usually swim for very long, so i wouldn't be able to offer much in terms of a "training partner" but i'd be happy to wait around until you are done to drive back.

• 3 months later...

Archived