Swimming at Linden public pool Randburg

Seeker911

It's been closed for 3-4 months for renovations/upgrades/repairs of some sort.

It was supposed to open again on the 1st June, sub-contractors permitting.

I've also been meaning to drive past and check...

keen to get swimming again

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been closed for 3-4 months for renovations/upgrades/repairs of some sort.

It was supposed to open again on the 1st June, sub-contractors permitting.

I've also been meaning to drive past and check...

keen to get swimming again

Nance... You must catch up on the running and keep the cycling going. Swimming is not a sport, it is a survival skill! So stay out of the pools!

Remember that kids put P in the OOL...

Nancy dont worry about Mr H. He's just scared of the water :unsure: . As soon as the pool is open SHOUT I need to do some serious training before August. Last season we had a nice triathlon squad going at Linden.

Nancy dont worry about Mr H. He's just scared of the water :unsure: . As soon as the pool is open SHOUT I need to do some serious training before August. Last season we had a nice triathlon squad going at Linden.

I'd like to join the "squad"!! :D

Will try swing by tonight, been busy this week.

Let us know if the pool is open

Let us know if the pool is open

Running group is open for coffee tomorrow.

I'm planning on "doing" a running extraordinaire;)

Running group is open for coffee tomorrow.

I'm planning on "doing" a running extraordinaire;)

That right hammie is still bothering me and the less than "extraordinaire" run we had the other morning did not seem to help much. Gonna go see Mari Naude Monday. If I do the coffee run tomorrow it will be with the girls :whistling: group I will follow from behind :w00t:

That right hammie is still bothering me and the less than "extraordinaire" run we had the other morning did not seem to help much. Gonna go see Mari Naude Monday. If I do the coffee run tomorrow it will be with the girls :whistling: group I will follow from behind :w00t:

I might just have to run with them as well...because of the "extraordinaire" I'm going to do ;)

Any info Milkworx?

Also been a busy week, so I haven't managed to drive past yet

Any info Milkworx?

Also been a busy week, so I haven't managed to drive past yet

Sorry guys, also been hectic week :ph34r: , but WILL drive past there this weekend!

I went in there today. Pool is empty. Rim tiles still need to be done. Looks like some grass is being replaced by paving still far from done. The painters say they will be done in a week. Cant really see any major improvements though ! Think it would be nice to know exactly what was on the to do list. Just hope the water filtration, heating and shower plumbing is on the list. I'm no expert but July seems highly unlikely. Probably more like August.

So if you are waiting for Linden, like me, to get in some swim training before Triathlon session starts in August dont wait any longer find an alternative venue. What a pain in the ......

Must be honest but the Linden pool renovation is about on time as my training is for August :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on these renovations?

Soooo need to get into the pool for training and don't know where else to train :wacko:

Any updates on these renovations?

Soooo need to get into the pool for training and don't know where else to train :wacko:

Yes PLEASE. I think its someone else's turn to go past there and do an inspection and provide an update :)

Archived