Swimming at Linden public pool Randburg

Seeker911

So I have not seen the local Linden paper but I am told the pool is definitely opening in 2 weeks time as published in the paper.

I had my first winter session at Ellispark yesterday. Must say swimming in a 50m pool is quite something. After not having swum for 3 months I could barely lift myself out of the pool. Legs and arms did not belong to me. Just a pity the area around Ellispark is dodge and so is getting there. Really glad its only a temporary measure until Linden is up and running again.

I swim at Ellis twice a week. Never had a problem driving there or parking outside. Even play underwater hockey there in summer at night, no problems. I canoe at Emmerentia and have done so for 20 odd years, had a car stolen from the dam as have many other canoeists!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I told my son ( 3 years old ) we could go swimming at the heated pool in linden. He was real exited and looking forward to it

We got there and it was closed. The poor guy had a meltdown and tried to climb through the fence.

So I have not seen the local Linden paper but I am told the pool is definitely opening in 2 weeks time as published in the paper.

I had my first winter session at Ellispark yesterday. Must say swimming in a 50m pool is quite something. After not having swum for 3 months I could barely lift myself out of the pool. Legs and arms did not belong to me. Just a pity the area around Ellispark is dodge and so is getting there. Really glad its only a temporary measure until Linden is up and running again.

Anyway Roy says in two weeks time we resume master squad training at Linden Monday, Wed and Fri. Think it will be 17h30 for an hour. Fees are R1200 for 3 months which is very reasonable. You can get hold of Roy at (073)838-8384

Thanks. Gotta see how I can arrange work to get to Linden in time for this.

Tired of swimming at Virgin when the swim coaches have 3 lanes booked out

Thanks. Gotta see how I can arrange work to get to Linden in time for this.

Tired of swimming at Virgin when the swim coaches have 3 lanes booked out

If you go swim at Ellispark you'll never run out of lanes. Yesterday I was the only person there apart from the coach. I did'nt count the number of lanes but there must be at least 10/15 lanes or something like that.

Ellispark is outdoors isn't it? i.e. not heated

Its heated (a bit) by the hapless bodies swimming up and down it.

Its heated (a bit) by the hapless bodies swimming up and down it.

:unsure: nevermind, think I can wait a couple of weeks more for Linden

:unsure: nevermind, think I can wait a couple of weeks more for Linden

15th is Monday isnt it? Did you ever try Doreys?

15th is Monday isnt it? Did you ever try Doreys?

15th - all things being well (I won't count on that)

No, I never did. I made a decision to leave the swimming training until Spring and then start again :blush:

15th - all things being well (I won't count on that)

No, I never did. I made a decision to leave the swimming training until Spring and then start again :blush:

I think i am going to wait till Summer.. then take my little girl in..Never been there. What are their pool hours?

Going for a swim this afternoon at Linden pool. Hope it hasn't closed again... :wacko:

Will report back.

Going for a swim this afternoon at Linden pool. Hope it hasn't closed again... :wacko:

Will report back.

Yes please :)

Anyway Roy says in two weeks time we resume master squad training at Linden Monday, Wed and Fri. Think it will be 17h30 for an hour. Fees are R1200 for 3 months which is very reasonable. You can get hold of Roy at (073)838-8384

Thanks for the info Seeker911... much appreciated.

Will report back.

So did you swim yesterday StevieL? Has Linden's re-opening schedule gone according to plan?

Archived